Weekend Discussion: Lets hear what you have to say Front vs Rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
If on a budget here would be my plan. Rear springs and bumps first. Next up shocks all around. Then start replacing the front suspension parts with stronger replacements.

No budget. Back and link the rear and at least mid-travel up front.

JK2Raptor

Reaction score
I got in on the group buy for the KHC Torque Arm. IMHO no other mod is required on the truck. EVERYTHING else suspension wise is an individual pursuit of something else that is specific to that individual's taste or a feel good mod. Practically and bang for buck speaking the Torque arm is the best mod suspension wise because wheel hop/axle wrap is common to ALL solid axle rear ends and the benefits are noticeable in a wide range of driving situations. Truthfully it is an oversight that Ford doesn't include a torque arm from the factory.

Interesting...first I've ever heard of the torque arm. Will definitely have to do some reading on this. I just read the entire 65 page thread on Eibach front springs, but might change my mind about doing those first. Thanks for your insight.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also have the SVC bump kit (2.0 Fox IFP) and Deavers +3...I've got over 1000 desert miles (almost all the the ROC guys) and have no complaints about the rear shocks...I added a Camburg spring spacer up front and it added a little help...

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also have the SVC bump kit (2.0 Fox IFP) and Deavers +3...I've got over 1000 desert miles (almost all the the ROC guys) and have no complaints about the rear shocks...I added a Camburg spring spacer up front and it added a little help...
Are you +3 no drop shackle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
the rear will never keep up with anything you do to the front unless you link it.

Here's a video of my truck, on 40s with a blown rear shock going through the whoops. The front suspension is dialed and money ( its an svc mid-travel kit).

you can see that until the rear is sorted and tuned ( and even then it will be what holds you back), you arent going to go any faster through big stuff, as the rear of the truck will be flopping around and make it so you cant go any faster.

If you carry supplies/weight in the bed regularly, I'd do leafs, a bump kit and shocks. Then I'd have someone tune the rear shocks.

As your budget permits, start changing out what is holding the front back.

My truck cycles about 17.5" in the front and 22-23" in the rear. It is still leaf sprung. Traction bars are a godsend.