How To Weak Vacuum Line and grinding noise FIX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The grinding noise on my truck turned into a jack hammer earlier so I had it towed to the dealer. I'll post updates if it seems like this issue was the cause.

I'll keep an eye out for your updates, Gilligan. What's the current mileage on your truck?

Crystal

Gilligan

Reaction score
I'll keep an eye out for your updates, Gilligan. What's the current mileage on your truck?

Crystal

32k, I got it back first thing this morning. They replaced my front driver side IWE, it doesn't mention any work on the line or connection though.

Last edited:

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
32k, I got it back first thing this morning. They replaced my front driver side IWE, it doesn't mention any work on the line or connection though.

I'm glad the dealer took care of this quickly, Gilligan. If you're concerned about the work that was performed, you can always reach out to the service manager. If you need any help in the future, I'll be here.

Crystal

ivo1.cox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
congratulations for their commitment and for the well-written documentation.

Inviato dal mio SM-T535 utilizzando Tapatalk

Big22Dubz

Reaction score
@FordService Thank you for your help. Dealer replaced transfer case and truck is running perfectly. Thank you for finding out I had an extended warranty! Thanks for making sure the dealership took care of me promptly!

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordService Thank you for your help. Dealer replaced transfer case and truck is running perfectly. Thank you for finding out I had an extended warranty! Thanks for making sure the dealership took care of me promptly!

It's my pleasure to help, Big22Dubz! I'm always just a PM away if you need any assistance in the future. :)

Crystal

CSF150

Reaction score
Vacuum Booster Problem.

Hi
Just came across this forum and it sounds like my problem for my F150. I checked for vacuum (no gauge.. just by finger) and find that there is vacuum coming from vacuum booster to hubs for 2H and 4H. It makes noise in 2H (clicking/buzzing) but not in 4H. Perhaps the amount of vacuum changes with the dash switch? If I understand things, the vacuum booster needs to be replaced and I may need to replace the tubing (will need to buy a v-gauge) though when not running the vacuum in line (the lower fitting of the v-booster that Tees with a blue check valve, held vacuum for a number of minutes anyway)?

I guess I should have added it is a 2010. I noticed it the first cold morning (about -16F) and momentarily switching to 4H silenced it. The next day that trick stopped working and it became none stop.. I put about 10 miles on it.. Is it likely the actuators are now damaged and need to be replaced?

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions!

OP
OP
M

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi
Just came across this forum and it sounds like my problem for my F150. I checked for vacuum (no gauge.. just by finger) and find that there is vacuum coming from vacuum booster to hubs for 2H and 4H. It makes noise in 2H (clicking/buzzing) but not in 4H. Perhaps the amount of vacuum changes with the dash switch? If I understand things, the vacuum booster needs to be replaced and I may need to replace the tubing (will need to buy a v-gauge) though when not running the vacuum in line (the lower fitting of the v-booster that Tees with a blue check valve, held vacuum for a number of minutes anyway)?

I guess I should have added it is a 2010. I noticed it the first cold morning (about -16F) and momentarily switching to 4H silenced it. The next day that trick stopped working and it became none stop.. I put about 10 miles on it.. Is it likely the actuators are now damaged and need to be replaced?

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions!

You should go to the 1st page of this thread and read the whole thing to get it all straight. You don''t have to replace the booster.

Shoup2010

Reaction score
Ok great thread, but I have a problem that doesn't make since to me... I have 2010 ford f150 fx4 it will go into 4 wheel drive but then under load pops out leaving you in 2 wheel drive... any ideas what is causing this... I replaced the IWE Solenod still nothing I haven't been under the truck yet, but if Vacum takes it out of 4 wheel drive, and I'm not getting vacuum when its in 4 wheel drive what else could be causing it to jump out.. there is also a loud cunk hen it comes out like something broke..