we bought a prius.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
girlfriends parents bought this house new 40 years ago. been a rental for 35. we moved in to fix it up. basement is our first step. garage is our second step, and an addition is the 3rd step. i take donations for the remodel so do be shy. also, send that chic my way please

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
girlfriends parents bought this house new 40 years ago. been a rental for 35. we moved in to fix it up. basement is our first step. garage is our second step, and an addition is the 3rd step. i take donations for the remodel so do be shy. also, send that chic my way please
I remember you asking a member to help you, that had a bunch of experience in concrete, where is that ******* now? LMAO. I'd come and help, but have surgery next month and I'm not allowed across the border. Your GF might be a tad pissed off if I sent that girl over, maybe not if she brought all that cash.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember you asking a member to help you, that had a bunch of experience in concrete, where is that ******* now? LMAO. I'd come and help, but have surgery next month and I'm not allowed across the border. Your GF might be a tad pissed off if I sent that girl over, maybe not if she brought all that cash.
she is cute for an older lady, girlfriend has no discrimination. she is a keeper.

Whaler27

Reaction score
I’m late to the party, as usual.

Glad your girlfriend wasn’t seriously hurt.

Also glad you didn’t REALLY buy a Prius. They’re very dangerous due to the poor visibility resulting from having to wear a bag over your head when you drive one.

I’ve been driving in snow and ice my whole life. In the winter I run studded Duratracs on the Raptor and I have about 200 pounds of sand over each rear wheel. It’s a great snowmobile when it’s set up like that.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m late to the party, as usual.

Glad your girlfriend wasn’t seriously hurt.

Also glad you didn’t REALLY buy a Prius. They’re very dangerous due to the poor visibility resulting from having to wear a bag over your head when you drive one.

I’ve been driving in snow and ice my whole life. In the winter I run studded Duratracs on the Raptor and I have about 200 pounds of sand over each rear wheel. It’s a great snowmobile when it’s set up like that.
i dont know if studded tires are allowed anymore here in colorado. but she will get the full rundown on the truck in snow. she has gotten the "just cause you have more traction with 4x4 doesnt mean you stop any quicker." speech. but more to come. she will be fine though.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Plain old duratraks work good enough in the snows we get, It isn't constant enough to warrant studs, nor the noise they make. I was driving mine around in that last weather event (The one @The Car Stereo Company keeps whinging about), 2wd no weight in the bed. It only made drama when I asked for it, even with snow scraping the skid plate.

Its a shame the Durrrtracks are so loud, great tire otherwise. Would never own another set.

Remember when your selling your frosty cold snow: it's supply and demand. Supply is high right now, demand is low. Save it. In the summer, when the drought comes then it will be worth bank!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Plain old duratraks work good enough in the snows we get, It isn't constant enough to warrant studs, nor the noise they make. I was driving mine around in that last weather event (The one @The Car Stereo Company keeps whinging about), 2wd no weight in the bed. It only made drama when I asked for it, even with snow scraping the skid plate.

Its a shame the Durrrtracks are so loud, great tire otherwise. Would never own another set.

Remember when your selling your frosty cold snow: it's supply and demand. Supply is high right now, demand is low. Save it. In the summer, when the drought comes then it will be worth bank!
4047809.jpg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Teach her how to park a FORD, we don't park lopsided like CHevy's against the curb. Congrats all the same though! Beauty!!