Waze users: have you noticed the speed display is off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google maps uses Waze data for their app too, but doesn't seem to have the same resolution or granularity.

If you just need to find an address then Google nav is a little easier and less invasive. If traffic or construction are a concern then Waze is infinitely better.

Siri is just there to make you late or get you lost :)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was driving me nuts the other day. It happened right after I flashed a new tune and I couldn't figure out if it was the truck or the phone. I got a little worried for a while that the tune might have adjusted the speedo due to tire size or some other setting.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone got this solved yet? I had the dealership update my Sync and it's still not right. It worked fine in my loaner car from the dealership, so it's definitely something related to the Sync in the Raptor. I even tried deleting Waze from my phone and setting it up again.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Honestly, no. Waze is ok, but it’s a PITA to use in the Rap and ...

new nitpick: I stopped for gas while navigating with waze, filled up, got back in and Sync wouldn’t pick up the nav. I think this was a sync -->> car play incompatibility. When I started, the phone was locked. I realized it, unlocked it, no change.

unplugged from the console, no change.
plugged back in retried, no change
unplugged from the phone, no change.
all the while, the phone is still navigating by waze, but sync refused to recognize there’s a phone there.

I few retries at the disconnect / reconnect later, it picked up that there was a recognized iPhone plugged in.

I swear, this is a conspiracy by Ford to compel me to buy sync maps for stupid money.

Morn

Reaction score
Fixed for me recently. Not sure what changed, but I was on a minor road trip yesterday and noticed the speed was accurate while connected to CarPlay. Waze hasn't been updated.

two0seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do believe it is a sync update that needs to be done for the car play. Not sure what changed but some folks on the expedition forum claimed a sync update fixed the issue. I'll know in a few days when I get home and can update my truck.