Waze users: have you noticed the speed display is off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I was wazing back home from the beach when my wife chatters: “you’re not going 60mph” ... I was like ‘what the HELL you talkin’ about woman?’ She was right, we were going about 35 at that moment.

I didn’t notice on the way down, but waze was showing us going 10-15mph faster than actual. Actually I didn’t even notice there was a speed display on the main screen, but it dutifully goes red and blinks when you’re over the speed limit.

it’s odd because the waze alerts were spot on for distance, and God knows there were plenty of stopped car alerts.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s only when plugged into the sync 3. I checked another gps app and it did the same thing. Unplug the iPhone and they are both accurate. Something with sync3 throwing it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
thanks, so it seems I’m not alone.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, mine too! I figured it was just a bug from the latest update. Hoping they fix it soon, my OCD can't take it much longer! ha! Not nearly as bad as the bug years ago when Waze would dump my phone battery though.

Last edited:

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wazing back home from the beach when my wife chatters: “you’re not going 60mph” ... I was like ‘what the HELL you talkin’ about woman?’ She was right, we were going about 35 at that moment.

I didn’t notice on the way down, but waze was showing us going 10-15mph faster than actual. Actually I didn’t even notice there was a speed display on the main screen, but it dutifully goes red and blinks when you’re over the speed limit.

it’s odd because the waze alerts were spot on for distance, and God knows there were plenty of stopped car alerts.

I like the speed sign on the display because I can look over to see the speed limit when I can't remember the last sign I saw. Speed limits are pretty low in Oregon....usually 55 mph, so you can end up speeding pretty quickly if not paying attention.

Morn

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I was mildly annoyed at this but didn't have a chance to troubleshoot. Glad to know it's not my phone.

Roy Esslinger

Reaction score

what is wazing?

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
what is wazing?

waze is “open sourced” for obstacle, traffic and police reporting, so it’s really very current. Though I’m not a fan of google, IMO waze is far more aggressive at rerouting due to delays as a result.

wazing is the act of navigating somewhere using waze.

because waze is so aggressive in reporting delays and rerouting, it can produce a flurry of drivers making sudden course changes, about faces, uturns, etc.

waze watching is the act of watching all the waze users who are not locals, follow the waze instructions to avoid a delay, when you as a local know better because the route is actually slower than riding out the delay.

:)