Waterproof, secure tonneau cover - is DB the only option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy with my Truck Cover USA...
The only time it leaks is during those FL torrential down pours when parked. The drains just can't keep up... but it only gets wet in the corners where the drain hoses are. Just for reference, house gutters also overflow.

But while driving or normal rain showers, stays dry.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a DB. It’s water resistant, probably more so than most other covers and I’ve had 3 others, but the bed is not waterproof. Water comes in around the edges, through tailgate etc.

lobsterman

Reaction score
I haven't complained to anybody, but my Retrax let's more water in than I was expecting. I installed it myself following their directions. Not sure if adjustments can be made or not.
Same here, most water comes in through the tailgate even though I added some rubber tailgate sealer. I don’t store items in the back so really not a big deal. Just expected less water for 2K. Otherwise I love the cover.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's too late, but in case anyone else comes along, I figure I should give a Florida Man seal of approval to my cover. I've got the Truxedo Sentry CT and the only time it's ever "leaked" is when the back lip of the tailgate is a lake during multi-day torrential rains in Florida. And that was about 3 drips down the tailgate that managed to seep in, everything else was dry. As it's just a flat rubber bit there holding the water back, it was pretty amazing. There was at last a gallon on the tailgate lip itself. My cover is low-profile, and has a nice texture like a convertible top, but unlike my convertibles it is seemingly taking Florida sun without issue. If it's faded or weakened in any bit, I haven't noticed. And usually there's a lake on top of the cover itself every morning when I drive out and it's bone dry inside. I've driven it through heavy rains that lasted from Florida all the way to the Smokies and all of our stuff was dry every time.

ktrent

Reaction score
Bakflip Revolver X4S has been the best cover I've ever used. Off road for 5000 miles with the family this summer through Idaho, WY, SD, ND, Montana with tons of rain. Almost no water inside other than one corner that had lost a plastic cap. Bakflip sent me 5 extras and popped right back on.

We did take on an ungodly amount of mud in Grand Teton when my tailgate unknowingly popped open for about 5 miles in torrential downpour and mud. It was a damn mess.

I also think the security factor is not Diamondback level but I feel items are super secure. We were packed with expensive inflatable paddle boards, golf clubs, etc. and never worried about it being accessed.

I plan to put Billie Bars on and will be mounting a RoofNest Condor Overland. The Billie Bars will require me to cut a small section of channel with the likelihood of some water getting in. The reason I like this set up though is I can easily winch off the bars with RTT attached, roll back the X4S and have full truck bed access when needed.

Note: All of this is on 21 lifted F150 presently as I await shipment of Blend Date 8/16/22 MY22.
I agree 100%, I love my X4S cover on my 22 raptor. I did have to shim both sides in using some 1/8" shims but other than that its the most water proof cover i have ever had other than the old fiberglass ones that went over the sides and hinged at the front. Is it as secure as DB, No but I think it will keep out the same thief that any cover will, if they want it they are getting in.

I have owned multiple truck cover usa covers, bak flips, flexes and retrax. The X4S is my fav.