GEN 1 Water marks on door panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have this issue. When i open the door when it’s raining and the panel gets wet it leaves a white residue. Almost like it got sprayed with salt water. I live in the PNW so the inside of the doors get wet a lot. Is this an issue with the panel itself or maybe the cleaning product i use?

e4dc072fea892d2a32a1ff672dabe47c.jpg

c44b9c15c78de368aa6818dc2ee4c869.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
While I have not used that specific product, I just checked and see that it is a stain remover for carpet and upholstery. This type of product is not meant to be used on plastic trim or panels like when you show in the photo.

Carpet & Upholstery Cleaners (like our version that I linked) contain salts that help to remove stains from these types of materials. When used as an interior cleaner on plastics, the salts remain behind, and build up, so when the rain hits it, you get exactly what your photo shows.

To remedy this, use a damp microfiber cloth to wipe down the plastic surfaces, rinsing the cloth out often. Not rinsing the cloth enough is just going to spread the salts around, and rather than removing them. Dopending on how much you have used that product, and the corresponding salt build-up, repeated wipe-downs may be needed.

Then, after the plastic surfaces are dry, condition them with our Leather Conditioner. This product will soak into the plastics to help work the salt out (yes, plastic is somewhat porous).

You may have to repeat this cleaning and conditioning a few more times in the future to really work all the salt out, if there is a major build-up.

The Leather Conditioner adds excellent protection to the plastics (SPF 65), and leaves a nice matte finish. It is my favorite product for all the interior plastics; dash, door trim and panels, door sills, console cover, and of course, the leather seats. And the scent of fresh leather is amazing!

Here's a write-up on conditioning the seats and plastics:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f36/first-detail-adamized-raptor-33281/index14.html#post851151

Good luck, and let me know how it works out for you.

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!!! I kind of feel dumb for using the wrong stuff but I’m glad it’s an easy fix. I’ll be buying your interior kit shortly. Thanks again for the info

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!!! I kind of feel dumb for using the wrong stuff but I’m glad it’s an easy fix. I’ll be buying your interior kit shortly. Thanks again for the info

I haven't personally Used Adam's but hear only good stuff. Right now I am liking trim shine. Tried it a couple times and so far so good but I haven't had those water spots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free