Water Leak - Passenger Side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3er

Reaction score
I went to install my radar detector and dash cam earlier this afternoon and noticed that my passenger carpet was soaked with water. We've had a lot of rain the past couple of days in Houston, so I'm almost certain there's a leak somewhere (e.g., sunroof drain issues seem to be quite common). My 2019 F-250 had the AC drain issue and also soaked the passenger carpet. However, given I haven't used the AC much yet and it's been raining a lot (my truck is parked outside), I'd venture its a water leak. Anyone have a similar experience on these Gen 3 Raptors? Advice I can bring to my dealer? Tips appreciated!

BTW, I wonder how many water issues go unnoticed b/c the rubber floor mats largely hide the problem. It's only when you pull the floor mat and touch the carpet that the issue becomes immediately apparent.

As an aside, I was rear-ended while my truck was parked the other day - hit and run. Thankfully just a cracked taillight and slightly bent bumper - no body damage. I grabbed the license plate and they have insurance, but I didn't have my dash cam installed yet and there were no outdoor cameras that picked it up - we'll see if they admit to it. Good news is my dealership has a collision center, so at least it's two birds, one stone between this and the water issue. You know, silver lining :).

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had this issue on the driver side from the moonroof. I was told that the issue is that I back into my driveway and leave the truck with the rear wheels higher than the front wheels (small grade incline). I was told that there is a 90 degree bend in the front moonroof drain and it can't keep up when there is heavy rain. Now when we are having heavy rain I pull in nose first and have never had a repeat of the issue.

dfw186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I had this issue on the driver side from the moonroof. I was told that the issue is that I back into my driveway and leave the truck with the rear wheels higher than the front wheels (small grade incline). I was told that there is a 90 degree bend in the front moonroof drain and it can't keep up when there is heavy rain. Now when we are having heavy rain I pull in nose first and have never had a repeat of the issue.
...... magical realism..........

CDub

Reaction score
I’ve had the same issue. I think Ford service said it was the A/C condensation line that is installed incorrectly. Ford is fully aware of the issue but they dont do anything to rectify it. It’s covered under warranty when you take it in.

spark4

Reaction score
I also found this is what works for me as well. I had the same passenger side leak. I've pulled that side apart to check for disconnected,clogged drains and everything else mentioned on this forum. My driveway is also angled, and I found that it only leaks from the grab handle when I back into the driveway (rear wheels higher than front). Now whenever there is rain in the forecast I pull in front front first and havent experience any leaks. Its kinda stupid that I have to deal with it but dealer can't find a fix and I don't like leaving in their hands since I find them to be pretty much useless. I now just consider it a small quirk to drive such a badass machine.

st33zygill

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mines leaked around these 2 pieces under the headliner. They’re riveted in place and are not secured tight. I was able to see daylight around it when moving it around. I threw some silicone around it and fixed the issue. I followed a YouTube video 852B262E-849A-464C-BDE1-97D48BC638D6.jpeg

deadeye99

Reaction score
I had this issue on my gen 2. Checked a/c and moonroof. No issues but the passenger carpet and the door sill were wet. Door sill was full of water. I found 4 rubber plugs were never installed from the factory, where the a pillar runs down the firewall, inside the front fender. I got them from the dealer and no issues since. Hope this helps someone.