water leak in exhaust pipe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some grades of stainless will rust. I'm not sure whether the tubing in the Raptor exhaust will rust, but I do know that it has so little chromium in the alloy that a magnet will stick to the tubing.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some grades of stainless will rust. I'm not sure whether the tubing in the Raptor exhaust will rust, but I do know that it has so little chromium in the alloy that a magnet will stick to the tubing.

Stainless Steel even the different grades at most only get surface rust. That is why your stock exhaust looks the way it does. Its actually a more reliable alloy and the surface rust is not a bad thing, but it will not rust thru like cheap exhausts.

OP
OP
drj.raptor

drj.raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not to worried about rusting more about exhaust leak.

does ford really put a hole in the exhaust there?

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe the factory exhaust is T409 which will still surface rust and stick to a magnet due to the amount of iron content. This is still technically stainless as it will not rust through. Exhausts that won't rust at all are usually made of T304 such as the Corsa exhausts. The only functional difference between the two types is long term cosmetics as far as I know. The muffler has weep holes built in to drain water. If the exhaust is leaking at a joint you may want to get it looked at, but it's not going to ruin anything.

OP
OP
drj.raptor

drj.raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i notest that on cold start the other day its leaking from 4 spots now off the muffle, resonator and by the rear axle.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is super old but I noticed the same thing. Its about as tight as it can be and I dont feel any exhaust fumes puffing through.

Attachments

• tempImageQstcLy.png
    tempImageQstcLy.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 12