Water leak - Front Passenger area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Before I was 100% decided I wanted a Raptor, I looked at a few of the new Rams. 2 out of 3 had big time leaks from new on the lot. The one sales guy pulls up in a nice Rebel and the interior was completely soaked with condensation. Every window, windshield, and sunroof, was dripping, and I reached down and checked and the rug was soaked too. I knew from the Ram forums that this was a known QC/build issue, but I played dumb and asked the sales guy if it had a leak, as he was wiping a bunch of water off of the windshield with paper towels! I'll never forget his answer, "No, it was really windy today!". It was hard not to just bust out laughing at the guy.

In hindsight I'm glad the Rams had so many leakers, or I might have bought one, and I would have regretted it, compared to my Raptor.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love my Raptor but gotta admit I miss my 2013 FX4. That thing was a tank. Only thing I ever did to it was 4 sets of tires and 3 batteries and a bunch of oil changes.
Never had any leaks for sure.

ggsando

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just developed a leak as well in the front pax area. Had the wife hold a water hose at the door and roof seam as I sat inside. Water started to drip in about mid way up the door towards the dash area. I pulled the weatherstripping attached to the body To reseat hoping it would help. It did not.

It’s almost as though the weatherstripping isn’t long enough and doesn’t fit correctly as I can push it in different areas to fit more snug. I also pulled the rear Pax trough cover off but it was dry.4109C4A0-1CD1-4D04-954A-A2F9FB544BF6.jpeg 3FBDC515-E03E-4DA6-8975-87B4E304373B.jpeg 12BED3E3-8817-4DC1-AA72-ECEA016B5256.jpeg

brad25

Reaction score
Mine has been to the dealer 3 times for the same leak. They "water tested" it a bunch of times. They did the TSB and put the plastic elbow on the AC hose. They could not replicate any leaking. For the past two weeks I have parked level, facing downhill and facing uphill with no leaks in pouring down rain (Oregon). Today was the first dry day we have had and I checked it before heading to work and it was bone dry. I decided to drive with the AC on today. Well tonight I felt the carpet and it was damp and musty smelling where it has not been this way for weeks. Back to the dealer. Sucks because I don't have a lot of faith in them when I can troubleshoot better than they can.

Fastback89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been to the dealer 3 times for the same leak. They "water tested" it a bunch of times. They did the TSB and put the plastic elbow on the AC hose. They could not replicate any leaking. For the past two weeks I have parked level, facing downhill and facing uphill with no leaks in pouring down rain (Oregon). Today was the first dry day we have had and I checked it before heading to work and it was bone dry. I decided to drive with the AC on today. Well tonight I felt the carpet and it was damp and musty smelling where it has not been this way for weeks. Back to the dealer. Sucks because I don't have a lot of faith in them when I can troubleshoot better than they can.
I wonder if they did not push the rubber elbow on far enough? I did my own and can see how it would be easy to not do the TSB correctly.