Water in cab/carpet wet remedy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I know there have been instances where guys have gotten their interiors wet from some kind of leak whether it be sunroof drains/cab vents/window trim etc.

well
My front passenger floor got soaked not from that kinda leak but i had a birthday cake in one of those crappy “30 pack” cooler bags w/ some bags of ice- wife drove truck home we through the cooler bag in there forgot & it melted (obviously) drained outta the bag then even though have weather tech floor liners I was doing some light offroad stuff messing around in some fields the water sloshed all around behind the liner.

surprisingly only took like 36 hrs to start getting a slight moldy smell even after sopping up what I could w/ towels etc. I think one of Reasons this seems to happen so fast in relative warm weather is just how thick that carpet padding material is & really seems to absorbent.

Anyhow I tried leaving a fan blowing at the carpet for a couple hours & helped but still had smell.

fan gave me another ideA- I legitimately put the Medium sized dehumidifier i use in the semi-finished gym portion of my basement in the cab of the truck in the back emptied the bucket & put it on full blast w/ all doors closed (extension cord is fine the weather stripping just conforms around it) & closed the thing up left it going for 6-8 hrs

well damn first of all was surprised it collected like 10-12 Oz water (had a couple nearly empty water bottles in there too which contributed) - and voila, smell gone cab felt super dry & factory fresh lol

I sprayed the carpet down w/ some febreze fabric spray after for the helluvit