Water dripping from exhaust connector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On cold start up the exhaust connector closest to the driver-side catalytic convertor drips what appears to be water and the exhaust makes a subtle high-pitched ticking noise. This typically happens for about 2 minutes during warm up then goes away. My hypothesis is that there is a slight exhaust leak at the exhaust clamp connector and condensation in the exhaust is dripping out and the noise I hear is the exhaust gases colliding with the water. There is nothing above this part of the exhaust that would be dripping water on it. Anyone else experience this?

View attachment 355269

View attachment 355271
My truck has the same. 2021 37”. Clamp is super tight already. I think it’s normal and now that it’s been pointed out, I’m sure others will confirm/validate. Goes away when hot.

awd5906

Reaction score
Did you ever get any clarity if this leak/weep is ‘as designed’ or not? Suspicious since it’s right by that clamp

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this also on gen1 ?
Yup. Weep holes let condensation moisture drain. That's what they're for, and that's what they do. It's one thing that the Ford engineers got right. Then, of course, there are the differentials with no drain plugs, plastic engine and transmission pans, cam phasers...

Finlay150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 3.5L XLT looks like a waterfall underneath before it warms up. There's like 4 or 5 puddles along the undercarriage. Been that way since Day 1.