Wastegate Rattle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billy Mc

Reaction score
Would it still do the noise while idling and not moving?

In ref to the IWE check valve, no it needs to be moving to hear the faint grinding or whirring noise. Had this issue on my '15 XLT 4x4 and a new check valve assembly solved it. I would suggest to get 2 at time because this is a common issue with new Ford F150 4x4s.

Suren27

Reaction score
I get the same rattle that only seems to happen at high rpms around 50-70. Dealer bypassed the IWE per the TSB even though its not for the raptor. Rattle still occurs. I have even changed out the checkvalve and solenoid with no change whether the IWE is hooked up or vacuum line capped. No clue what it would be.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get the same rattle that only seems to happen at high rpms around 50-70. Dealer bypassed the IWE per the TSB even though its not for the raptor. Rattle still occurs. I have even changed out the checkvalve and solenoid with no change whether the IWE is hooked up or vacuum line capped. No clue what it would be.
What octane are you running? Spark knock can create a similar sound.

Suren27

Reaction score
Running 93, happened on stock tune and goosetuned. Even happened during datalogs but everything there looked fine.