Wastegate Rattle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kbidgood

Reaction score
I have noticed a new rattle this past weekend. I have had the cam phasers done about 3k miles ago. It happened while under light acceleration with the boost gage under the zero mark. I do hear the wastegate rattle on start up but not while driving, and this was much louder that at start up. It sounds like a can of rocks rattling and lasts maybe a second or so. I have only been able to reproduce the rattle while driving on the freeway at 50-60 mph with light acceleration. I first thought it was wind noise from a cross wind until I was able to reproduce it almost at will. I have since not been able to reproduce with just shorter drives to work. I have the Cobb v200 91 stage 1, otherwise stock. My understanding is if it the wastegate rattle that is harmless but annoying?

GoDucks

Reaction score
I found this interesting, I have no rattle but worth a look.

rschap1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to do some plumbing repairs on my IWE system too.
Been seeing Forged Offroad's silicone hoses for $200.
Ford replacement for $50-$55.
I know I am GEN1 not 2, but where are you seeing $17?

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to do some plumbing repairs on my IWE system too.
Been seeing Forged Offroad's silicone hoses for $200.
Ford replacement for $50-$55.
I know I am GEN1 not 2, but where are you seeing $17?

Inflation... https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/tube-assy-9797345-1

The noises people are experiencing are slightly different but the culprit seems to be the same. My noise was exactly like this:

Here's a good walk through...

rschap1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link.
I have to do some more looking and see exactly what I need to replace.
Appreciate knowing there are options:)

AvalancheGrey2017

Reaction score
i encountered the IWE grind mid spring. I have a CPO but forwent the 100 deductible for the 20 dollar hose. Most dealerships will have it on hand and it takes literally 30 secs to change out. worth it if it fixes the problem as it did in my case.