Wasnt the Blend Door, Now What?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 2010 Raptor with touchscreen and dual zone climate.

When I bought it the drivers side heat did not work, AC only. Passenger was fine.

I read through forums and decided it was the lower blend door. I changed that out and nothing happened.

One hot summer day a few months or so latter I go to turn on my AC and all of a sudden it only blows HOT!. ( I hardly ever use AC in the summer, but use my heat everyday in the winter, regardless, I would still like to fix it)

So now I have no idea. I went to a dealership and they knew what the problem was, but I had to get a service inspection ($100) before they could tell me.

So here I am. Anybody have similar issues or ideas on how to fix please let me know.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
There are multiple blend doors in the system behind the dash. Are you sure you replaced the right one?

This. 100% the hot air on one side is basically a guarantee its a blend door. When mine went out I just pulled the dash and knocked them all out. The little things have plastic gears that strip. with a friend and a good dash removal youtube tutorial it took me about 8 hours. It SUCKED but it's done and I saved over $1k by not letting the stealership do it.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The new design improved the broken plastic gears, but now the issue is the electrical feet lose contact on the board. Had both mine replaced last year even though only driver side failed. It took the dealer 4 days to do it. I tried doing the driver side myself but couldn't squeeze it out of there via the FordTechMakuloco (youtube) method. Video below of why they fail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ2afrTj1xY

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
The new design improved the broken plastic gears, but now the issue is the electrical feet lose contact on the board. Had both mine replaced last year even though only driver side failed. It took the dealer 4 days to do it. I tried doing the driver side myself but couldn't squeeze it out of there via the FordTechMakuloco (youtube) method. Video below of why they fail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ2afrTj1xY

I tried the 'easy' methods too and honestly I think it was just easier to pull the console and the dash and have them easily accessible. It's a full-saturday kind of job, but it's very do-able.

OP
OP
P
Reaction score
This. 100% the hot air on one side is basically a guarantee its a blend door. When mine went out I just pulled the dash and knocked them all out. The little things have plastic gears that strip. with a friend and a good dash removal youtube tutorial it took me about 8 hours. It SUCKED but it's done and I saved over $1k by not letting the stealership do it.

Yeah i used that video and replaced the lower blend door (thats the one that controls the drivers side), and I took the old blend motor apart and it wasnt stripped.

So at this point I'm certain it is not a blend door issue.
Plus the dealership acted like it was something else as well because they said they could fix it pretty quick, but they wouldnt tell me what it was.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
You paid $100 and they got all secret squirrel on you? That's not right at all. maybe @FordService can help

BaronH

Reaction score
Brought mine in and they said it’s a servo and not the blend door. 950 dollars to fix. Not covered either? Anyone hear of the service motor?

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you change the blend door or the blend door actuator? The actuator is the "servo", if you replaced the blend door that's your problem.