Washington DC - NEW GUY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ST Beverly

Reaction score
Tunes are popular, available from several vendors and are under $2k all in usually.
An intercooler is a good first step for performance since the I/C is marginal for the Rap.

if you’re not ready for a tune (mechanics will know you tuned it, and warranty could be an issue), pedal commander dramatically improves throttle response, especially in normal mode.

speakers are a great upgrade. If you only spent $15 per speaker, you’d get better sound than what comes out of the Sony/B&O factory speakers. if sound is a thing for you, don’t skimp and do the doors and tweets. It won’t make much diff. right away but when you add the sub, amps and DSP, you’ll be ready for the extra power. ~$2500 or so? depending on your taste and you can do it piece meal if needed.

Backup lights: you can go cheap amazon knock offs, or full on B/D brights. They conveniently put holes right next to the tow hooks to facilitate rear facing lights.

gear for using the Rap off road is always a good idea too; at least first aid kit, recovery straps, air compressor, some cargo securing stuff - tie down straps, maybe the D rings for the bed, or maybe a chase rack.

lots of possibilities under 3-4k.
All awesome starting points! I really appreciate your input. This is my first ever full size performance pickup truck. So where you're pointing sounds like good places to start my mods. I was reading some of the posts on Forscan but I'm an IT guy. I know how these computer systems can get bricked with one small thing. So I may try that for turning off small things like the parking brake chime, the seatbelt chime or something else small. Don't know if I want to keep the auto start/stop just yet though. Thanks again!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
All awesome starting points! I really appreciate your input. This is my first ever full size performance pickup truck. So where you're pointing sounds like good places to start my mods. I was reading some of the posts on Forscan but I'm an IT guy. I know how these computer systems can get bricked with one small thing. So I may try that for turning off small things like the parking brake chime, the seatbelt chime or something else small. Don't know if I want to keep the auto start/stop just yet though. Thanks again!

DUH! completely spaced on Forscan. do it. Lincoln fold mirrors is a must. I suppressed the annoying chimes and honks, added the heat/cool for the seats on the sync screen, Lincoln mirrors... I may be forgetting one or 2.

I have kept auto stop / start, it’s not my favorite feature, but if it saves a few pennies on gas, I can always turn it off if I want.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They all look great!

I wanted White, then leadfoot, then I accidentally bought Avalanche and I'm not mad because its literally right in between lol.

Its a dirty white and a cocky leadfoot..

ST Beverly

Reaction score
They all look great!

I wanted White, then leadfoot, then I accidentally bought Avalanche and I'm not mad because its literally right in between lol.

Its a dirty white and a cocky leadfoot..
Nice color! have you added any wheels or anything else?

profunctional

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats. I'm on the NoVa area too. Also an avalanche gray owner but looking to sell mine :-(

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good place to run is the north Carolina beaches, up to the VA boarder line, its 4 wheel drive required.

If its still there in 4 days.