Washington DC - NEW GUY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ST Beverly

Reaction score
Just got my 2018 Raptor 802A 3weeks ago. And loving every minute I’m in it! It was already sitting on some aftermarket rims (not crazy about) and have Rigid spot, flood and direct beams installed. And I removed the vinyl graphics from both sides of the bed and the hood. I just think it looks better and cleaner with the color I chose. I’d love to hear suggestions on low cost mods!
I’m in NoVa!

2599A11E-FF83-4468-B6F8-27015FF40938.jpeg

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Define “low cost” :)
And welcome to FRF!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Tunes are popular, available from several vendors and are under $2k all in usually.
An intercooler is a good first step for performance since the I/C is marginal for the Rap.

if you’re not ready for a tune (mechanics will know you tuned it, and warranty could be an issue), pedal commander dramatically improves throttle response, especially in normal mode.

speakers are a great upgrade. If you only spent $15 per speaker, you’d get better sound than what comes out of the Sony/B&O factory speakers. if sound is a thing for you, don’t skimp and do the doors and tweets. It won’t make much diff. right away but when you add the sub, amps and DSP, you’ll be ready for the extra power. ~$2500 or so? depending on your taste and you can do it piece meal if needed.

Backup lights: you can go cheap amazon knock offs, or full on B/D brights. They conveniently put holes right next to the tow hooks to facilitate rear facing lights.

gear for using the Rap off road is always a good idea too; at least first aid kit, recovery straps, air compressor, some cargo securing stuff - tie down straps, maybe the D rings for the bed, or maybe a chase rack.

lots of possibilities under 3-4k.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since posting my first post,

I have actually acquired so much stuff, I need to get my SPD DP installed and CORSE Xstream and fog lights. I have installed the COBB stage 1 and it came alive,I ordered the CVF and it will be here soon as well as the TURBO smart BOV.

Don