Washing your Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use OPT Optimum no rinse wash and wax on my black truck. I'm tall (6'3") so to do the roof I can just stand on the running board, and for the windshield I'll open a door and lean over. Been really happy with the results so far.

Huh, I was not happy with ONR, it either scratched or didn't clean. Thankfully, I gave waterless another shot with Meg's Waterless Wash & wax, and it works great.

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s definitely not scratching my truck at all. Bought a bunch of microfiber towels though, and I use at least 6-7 just for washing and another 6-7 for drying.

chefsam

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yellowssm

Reaction score
$30 a month here at the local gas station carwash. I can go everyday if I want and its exterior and interior w/ vacuum. Im just glad I found one that the Raptor fits in

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know of any car washes in southeast Michigan that fit these things? Just wondering for the wintertime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JLP83

Reaction score
Don't watch the Obsessed Garage guy on YouTube. That is unless you want to get sucked into sending him a bunch of money for shit you never knew you needed.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might work ok for those with colors like white and silver, but that's not gonna fly for black trucks. I have a coating and keep it topped off with sealant, and pressure wash isn't enough to get all the dirt off.

if it's properly coated with proper layers and real ceramic coating, dirt wont stick to it.

LeadFootCraig

Reaction score
Just get taller. I’m 6’3” and have no issue. All joking aside i open the doors and stand inside to reach those tough areas. I also wash a portion and the wife is right behind me drying. The water spots are terrible.

FINRPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Open the doors, stand in the inside while leaning over to do back part of the hood, the windshield and roof.