Washing/Waxing the roof of the Raptor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
:mad: There is another post of mine before yours that is awaiting "moderator approval". WT*??? It's two babes in bikinis washing a raptor. WT*???????????????????????????????? :mad:

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I always wash the entire truck and wax by hand! Back to my old saying about not changing the oil filter when doing an oil change "it's like showering and putting your dirty underwear back on" same thing not washing or not waxing the roof. For the roof I use a wash bonnet and extension pole and to wax I open the sunroof and stand on the seats with my shoes off of course. That way I can get the whole roof really well covered and buffed out.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
I always wash the entire truck and wax by hand! Back to my old saying about not changing the oil filter when doing an oil change "it's like showering and putting your dirty underwear back on" same thing not washing or not waxing the roof. For the roof I use a wash bonnet and extension pole and to wax I open the sunroof and stand on the seats with my shoes off of course. That way I can get the whole roof really well covered and buffed out.
I’ve solved both of those issues with lessons learned in Panama at the Jungle Survival School (The Coveted Banana Boat Patch)
I don’t shower or wear any “undergarments” except on special occasions….
:happy160: :patriot::head3:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm down with this. I can't see it and neither can anyone else. I do hose it off when I wash the truck. Which I last did in late May ... they call me Mr. Shiny Truck, so you definitely want to follow my lead. LOL

It's not a matter of seeing it, but just knowing it's there and clean. Kinda like underwear.

edit: And I use a step ladder. For the roof, not my underwear.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always stand in the box which allows me to get the back half of the roof and then I stand with one foot on the running boards and one foot on the front tire to reach the front half.

Washing this truck makes me feel like a toddler playing with toys too big for me :alone:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always stand in the box which allows me to get the back half of the roof and then I stand with one foot on the running boards and one foot on the front tire to reach the front half.

I've got a rolling bed cover, so that limits my reach. And I don't really care to do try and hang on the side to get to the roof and all the jazz. A simple step stool is way easier.

I sometimes wash my daughter's mustang while I'm washing the truck, and always feels weird that that roof is lower than then Raptor hood.