Washing/Waxing the roof of the Raptor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many of you Raptor owners wash their truck by hand and if so do you spend as much time and effort on the roof as you do on other parts of the truck? I guess this would apply to those who use a foam canon as well. i'm not 7' tall so I must get out a ladder to reach the center of the roof from each side. I skipped washing the roof once but ended up washing the truck again a few days later to include the roof. I'm not OCD per say but I was taught that if I did a job, any job it doesn't matter do it to the best of your ability. There for I have a shiny roof. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

OP
OP
pat247

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I need my free hand to feel the paint after applying suds with a wash mit or whatever, otherwise it would be playing with the **** and you know that is true.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would, i can for the most part reach half of the roof standing on the running boards, im not super tall either. No complaints waxing the roof, the real pain was taking care of the rubber seals for the sunroof.

I foam cannon and wash by hand. For the roof I use a micro fiber extension.

Thanks for that, may get that specifically for cleaning the underside

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
i would, i can for the most part reach half of the roof standing on the running boards, im not super tall either. No complaints waxing the roof, the real pain was taking care of the rubber seals for the sunroof.

Thanks for that, may get that specifically for cleaning the underside

Would be better using a soft bristle brush for the underside. The one I posted is a soft micro fiber mit.

20220808_070718.jpg

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I stand in the bed, open all 4 doors and use the steps to wash by hands.
I have one of those platforms too. Ladders are not convenient.

I haven’t washed my truck in probably a month and a half lol

Last edited: