Washed Wrong For Years?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikehill33

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what's the link between car washes and tinted windows? The windows are tinted on the inside of the glass, so unless you're spraying the interior of the truck, it shouldn't make a difference, right? Or am I missing something?
Sorry for the late reply, so most car washes (full service ones that i use at least) use amonia based window cleaners when they clean your windows. The amonia will turn the tint purple.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OBX

Reaction score
With reference to those commenting on using a leaf blower to get the water off and out of crevices, check out a Master Blaster. Not cheap but it is awesome. I also use it to blow out outside water lines for the winter and our pool.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With reference to those commenting on using a leaf blower to get the water off and out of crevices, check out a Master Blaster. Not cheap but it is awesome. I also use it to blow out outside water lines for the winter and our pool.

I have one, can dry my truck in 10-15 minutes and never touch it. But I'll bet most on here won't spend $400+ for an air dryer.

VelociRaptorSVT

Reaction score
Grew up hand washing my Dad's vehicles with him. Something about the nostalgia of those memories, and getting my little one to wash her bike with me are why I choose to hand wash. It's super quick and easy now that I have a house water filtration system. Zero water spots, even on a hot Summer morning.

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what's the best soap to use in the foam canons? I see a few references to Chemical Guys. Does it matter which one? (sorry, a noob on foam canons, just found out about them with this thread).

4rdFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what's the best soap to use in the foam canons? I see a few references to Chemical Guys. Does it matter which one? (sorry, a noob on foam canons, just found out about them with this thread).

I use Adam's Mega Foam (bought from Amazon). It works great and it's PH-neutral so it doesn't strip waxes or ceramic coatings. It does come in a concentrated form so it's best to experiment with water to soap ratios to see what combination gives you the best suds.

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Adam's Mega Foam (bought from Amazon). It works great and it's PH-neutral so it doesn't strip waxes or ceramic coatings. It does come in a concentrated form so it's best to experiment with water to soap ratios to see what combination gives you the best suds.

Thanks. I'll start scoping Amazon now....