Washboard Dirt Roads = Major Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The early build 19s h(before November 15, 2018)a message about rough ride. Supposed to update the module that controls the shocks. Look up ssm 47757

Hope this is for real because I've also been very disappointed in the ride quality of my 2019. Its an early build as well.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Hope this is for real because I've also been very disappointed in the ride quality of my 2019. Its an early build as well.

Googled: SSM 47757

Some 2019 F-150 Raptor vehicles built on or before 15-Nov-201 8 may exhibit a harsh or bumpy
ride during all driving conditions. To resolve this concern, reprogram the vehicle dynamics control
module (VDM) using the latest software version of the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool. For
claiming, use causal part 18B008 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service
Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The link that I sent is for the twin compressor only. There are other links that are for the compressor and some E-Z Deflators, one that includes the E-Z deflators and an ARB locker manifold kit, and one that has a tire inflation kit with a digital tire inflator, but the other links all seem to be for other ARB compressors that are NOT the twin compressor, such as this one.

Yep..Thanks....you got the correct links and just looked at it...as nice as it is,I dont do enough off-roading to justify the cost,so going with the Viair 45043 which I can use in my other rigs if need be....its on sale now for $276,so not too bad for newbe who will off-road 2-4 times a year at most.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nobody was over correcting. County backroads shouldn’t be like driving on ice IMO.

Like I said in my OP, cars and motorcycles of all makes and models were having no issue and my 2008 4Runner would have handled the road with ease.

Did you read any of the previous replies? If you don't understand how to drive your raptor, you really should trade it in for a 4runner. And if you are comparing a motorcycle's handling to a truck, you really don't understand how this works and definitely shouldn't be anywhere near washboards.

OP
OP
PDT905

PDT905

Reaction score
Did you read any of the previous replies? If you don't understand how to drive your raptor, you really should trade it in for a 4runner. And if you are comparing a motorcycle's handling to a truck, you really don't understand how this works and definitely shouldn't be anywhere near washboards.

There’s always one. I’ll keep an eye out for you on the Baja 500 podium.

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '07 Titan with Mud Grapplers and Bilestein shocks felt more solid and planted on the rough stuff. Sure the hard bumps were noticeably sharper but the truck didn't shimmy from head to toe constantly and skip its ass around. And I always kept the same 40 psi tire pressure year round.

I will definitely follow up on the SSM for early build 19's and truly hope this changes my mind

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
My '07 Titan with Mud Grapplers and Bilestein shocks felt more solid and planted on the rough stuff. Sure the hard bumps were noticeably sharper but the truck didn't shimmy from head to toe constantly and skip its ass around. And I always kept the same 40 psi tire pressure year round.

I will definitely follow up on the SSM for early build 19's and truly hope this changes my mind

I don't have a '19, but 40 psi in a 31" tire is not the same as 40 psi on a 35" tire. Just sayin'. 40 psi in a 35" tire is crazy.

Interesting thread.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There’s always one. I’ll keep an eye out for you on the Baja 500 podium.

Just like there's always one guy who has no idea what he's doing and automatically blames his equipment.

You're right, the Raptor sucks. You will be so much happier upgrading to a 4runner.

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a '19, but 40 psi in a 31" tire is not the same as 40 psi on a 35" tire. Just sayin'. 40 psi in a 35" tire is crazy.

Interesting thread.

That's true. But to clarify my mud Grapplers were bigger than stock size. 33x11.5. I loved them! Went through four sets on the old truck and hope to try them new truck too.

OP
OP
PDT905

PDT905

Reaction score
Just like there's always one guy who has no idea what he's doing and automatically blames his equipment.

You're right, the Raptor sucks. You will be so much happier upgrading to a 4runner.

I never blamed the equipment. I simply recapped my experience and asked for input from a knowledgeable group of Raptor owners so that I might learn to better operate my new truck. If you re-read my original post, I even go so far as to ask whether it was simply driver error. (See part about am I the world's worst driver)

Judging by the 10+ pages of conversation and great tips about tire pressure adjustments, drive modes, traction control, drive speed on different types of terrain, bolt on mods designed to stabilize the back end, Ford's adjustments to the new live valve shocks for early production 2019s, etc., I'd say others found the thread useful.