Was There a Time When…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
At the beginning of production, this was just a wet dream by Ford, nobody new there would be Raptors even after 2010. Back in 2009 when it was revealed, even the R model (the true R model) was supposed to be built, the prototype was built but never went into production and back then it was going to be sold to the public for $100,000.00, you can't even buy a Raptor for that price now, lol. (in canada). The 2010 Raptor with over 400 horsepower was King of the road and the offroad, no truck had that power from the factory. Sure the new trucks are more luxurious , whatever. so are Prius now. The forum was great at first, but half dozen years ago there were a bunch of egg heads on here who just wanted to troll and stir the pot for no reason, bunch of real A-HOLES, I'm glad they are 99% all gone, they offered no value to raptors or the forum. Over-all the forum is a better and "safer" place, but I do miss the get togethers as now most members want to meet for lattes, not offroading nearby.
Oh No You Didn’t!?!?
You win the prize for the First Latte Slander of this thread:Caffeine:
You did however leave out the Tire Shine, Skinny Jeans and ManBun ;)
Your Dad would be Extremely Proud of you Representing the Gen1’s (Dam We Miss Him :( )
God Save the Queen…Errrrrr Trudy :head3::patriot:

BDDADEDC-D31C-4E2E-80D8-3F716E10CC38.jpeg54B93BA7-9C1C-4D1F-8359-B3AE6991438E.jpegF17A0F85-1A94-4EEA-BF0F-92A20F540368.jpeg

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The good old days when the owner group was smaller and more of a community. This was my favorite forum to date to be a part of, now its muddied and there are fewer and fewer posts about new information or products that relate to the gen 1 given the number of years its had to develop so there is less chronic scrolling for the OG crowd.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
The good old days when the owner group was smaller and more of a community. This was my favorite forum to date to be a part of, now its muddied and there are fewer and fewer posts about new information or products that relate to the gen 1 given the number of years its had to develop so there is less chronic scrolling for the OG crowd.

Yeah the limited amount of new and exciting mods has me sad. Since ive basically just began getting into it. :(

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah the limited amount of new and exciting mods has me sad. Since ive basically just began getting into it. :(
Depends on what mods you want to do:

Engine is limited, sure.

Bumpers, fenders, wheels, lights, radios, etc are about the same as any gen

Suspension, sky’s the limit.

I guess the take away is new bolts ons are limited, but custom is as plentiful as can be.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Depends on what mods you want to do:

Engine is limited, sure.

Bumpers, fenders, wheels, lights, radios, etc are about the same as any gen

Suspension, sky’s the limit.

I guess the take away is new bolts ons are limited, but custom is as plentiful as can be.

Yeah when you put it that way i guess I really wasn’t thinking about it. disregard then… LOL.

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see all the crazy builds, and I get jealous, but then realize that I will NEVER utilize my truck in a way that would make those mods worth the money to invest. I guess my goal is OEM+, make things better, improve existing things... I have noticed that MOOG appears to have dropped a few suspension/steering parts from their lineup for our trucks. I also get nervous and want to buy up OEM things like a new grill, since mine is peeling in places and I worry that once the OEM market dries up, you wont be able to get a new one. I sure wish their was an aftermarket option for replacement, that was a COPY of the OEM. I hate paying 600+ for a new one. I picked an expensive platform to mod/repair... but it's an awesome truck and I am happy so far.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see all the crazy builds, and I get jealous, but then realize that I will NEVER utilize my truck in a way that would make those mods worth the money to invest. I guess my goal is OEM+, make things better, improve existing things... I have noticed that MOOG appears to have dropped a few suspension/steering parts from their lineup for our trucks. I also get nervous and want to buy up OEM things like a new grill, since mine is peeling in places and I worry that once the OEM market dries up, you wont be able to get a new one. I sure wish their was an aftermarket option for replacement, that was a COPY of the OEM. I hate paying 600+ for a new one. I picked an expensive platform to mod/repair... but it's an awesome truck and I am happy so far.
Lots of opportunities to make it OEM+ and your own at the same time. Things like the grill can be sanded and painted or are even available in carbon.

For someone that won't utilize all the crazy custom upgrades, look for upgrades that make the truck the best version for you.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was an exciting time for the truck, new designs for parts and suspension upgrades coming out all the time. You can still get plenty of custom work done for sure but there was that pioneering spirit sort of feeling.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Yup oem+ is the route im going also.