Was There a Time When…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Antone remember the Wiz? Dunno what happened to him, but that guy did alot of stuff to his Gen 1, which gave me and many others great ideas. I miss the old forum even though I visit here almost every day.
I bought a exhaust system from him way back for my first Raptor. Had lunch at a diner on US 41 outside Great Lakes Naval Station. He had a great looking Gen 1. Haven’t seen him around in a while.

M60gunr

Reaction score
Was there a time when this fine forum, one of my home away from homes, had only a Gen 1 section, before the Gen 2 was even announced? And now with the reordering, or rejiggering of the sub forums, we find the once and still great Gen 1 at the bottom of the page, with a vaporware Raptor R sitting at the top, as if it’s king, when no one even knows if it will ever see the light of day.

As a 3x Gen 2 owner (17, 19, 20) and now proud owner of a Gen3, I still look up with reverence and smile when a Gen 1 goes by.

Has the number of Gen 1 owner/members shrunk on the forum? Or have more who purchased them used joined over the years?

The Gen 1 is what turned me on to the Raptor but back then I didn’t consider owning a truck. Now a truck is my primary vehicle and I wouldn’t be without one.

Long live the Gen 1.
2014 Gen1 owner here. 92,000 miles and I have no plans of getting rid of it anytime soon. I did originally want a Gen3 but every time I start my truck and hear that 6.2, it makes me smile and I'm happy I stuck with my Gen1

Diablo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 1 original owner of 2012 SCAB.

Second time forum member, dropped off for some years.

190k + on mine, replaced front shocks, just put on 4th set of BFGs. Replaced windshield recently, tuned it up once, front brakes also. Replaced passenger side headlight and running light due to killing a buck with it last fall. No issues or problems (I do change the oil religously). Have driven Gen 2, its OK, relly hoping the new V8 happens, but will probably keep this one too. Have looked at the "ram" and if they offered an SCAB would likely have one.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2012 slightly used back in November 2012 and immediately joined the forum. It’s been invaluable from day 1! Sometimes is just simple things like I finding the jack. I think every year the Raptor had gotten better, every generation was an improvement. I like all 3 versions and wouldn’t mine owning one of each, but that’s just not realistic. I’m very attached to vehicles I’ve owned and have a tendency to keep them for a long time. Mines bone stock and at 233,000+ miles. I drive it every day and it still gives me a smile every time I fire it up. Maybe it’s the V8, maybe it’s because it’s a Raptor, or just maybe because it’s mine. I try and get on the forum and keep up with everything Raptor regardless of generation but it can be quite time consuming and when a thread derails I sometimes laugh, sometimes shake my head. But I keep coming back and most of the time I learn something.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Yeah i also joined forums for the invaluable information they provide, and the short time ie been here I’ve learned a lot and met some great people. Ive joined forums with the last few vehicles, and they’re like a big family thanksgiving dinner where we get along and sometimes not lol. They also help you spend money on stuff you didn’t know you needed ;)

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Antone remember the Wiz? Dunno what happened to him, but that guy did alot of stuff to his Gen 1, which gave me and many others great ideas. I miss the old forum even though I visit here almost every day.
Pretty sure he still has his Raptor "the puzzler", lol. Seen him on other media outlets at snowball, etc before.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Yep! I'll keep my Gen 1 and have it as my 2nd vehicle someday; to always have it to take on the weekend adventures!

It still turns heads and hey, the coolest chick's seem to dig too! ;-)

Attachments

• Greg's '14.pdf
    432.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Greg's '14 on the beach.pdf
    285.1 KB · Views: 5

Christyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a Gen 1 owner, most everything that gets discussed on here is boring, annoying, childish and immensely repetitive. Prospective gen 3 owners waiting for their truck 6 months after paying a $20k ADM, Gen 2 owners asking if every little thing they hear is a cam phaser rattle, discussing the merits of various lugnuts and how it was their best mod yet, doing a diff cover change and washing the old fluid out with an extra quart of amsoil "just because" etc. I just see way more money than common sense, and it's not my cup of tea to follow along. I wish there was more going on in the Gen 1 forums, but I never see anything really, so I don't check often.

I LOVE the look of Gen 2s, and test drove them ready to drop some coin on one, but common sense told me I didnt need to spend that much money if I was going to thrash it offroad, and that godawful sound they make just sealed the deal. Every time I floor it in my outdated, low MPG, worn in raptor with an oversized V8, I'm reminded why I made this choice. I love this truck.