Was There a Time When…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ha, I've actually put off getting in a 2nd Gen for a while. I want to stay as happy with my 2014 as I can until I can afford to upgrade(when I retire from the .mil in a few years).
You all would make a good test drive pair at least.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I joined the forum after purchasing our first gen1. I frequently visited and tried to keep up with all the posts. As time went on I slowly lost interest and there was probably a few years that I very rarely logged in. I started coming back more when I was considering a gen2. Since purchasing a gen2 almost 2 years ago, I've been on here almost daily and enjoy it much more. My question to some of the early members is do you remember alot of people wishing Ford would have offered the ecoboost back then? Maybe my memory is wrong, but it's stuck in my head that way. Then when the gen2 was finally revealed and it had an ecoboost, I was like, Ford actually listened to the people on the forum. I wasn't happy. Took me years to accept the ecoboost. Now, after owning one for awhile, I really like it. Still don't like the exhaust note, but I still love the truck. I love both gens for different reasons. If the sound of the truck is what's keeping you from owning a gen2 or 3, I think you're missing out, imo.
Anyway, currently loving the forum, visit frequently and I feel like I know a lot of the regulars on here, even though I don't, lol. Thanks for brightening my days

IDI-Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where can I find out about the events you speak of? I’m guessing they are closer to me than Moab. Lol. I was also chicken, perhaps smart, and turned back on Fins n things, and baby lion back. It was days before I did Raptor Assault and saw what these trucks are capable of.

Darn its the southeast lol

Savage Offroad is who I run with. https://www.savageoffroadevents.com

Mainly in PA/WV so a bit closer. The new trail at Rausch is amazing, season opener last week even had a team doing some testing for the Baja 1000 show up. WV track is a mix of technical and fun sections. It's where my truck REALLY grew wings for the first time. Had about 6' between the ground and the tires I was told.

You can't go wrong with either group, both have great guys in them - met most all of them at Durhamtown many moons ago. In fact that's where I met Jakenbake and a couple other forum members the first time.

GzRaptor10

Reaction score
I joined this forum in 2010 after I bought my first 5.4 L Ford Raptor Blue Flame in Illinois. Drove it for a couple years and then out of necessity sold it. Then we moved to Virginia being military in the Navy I bought a silver 2012 Raptor and drove that for a few years out there. Now I have a 2014 Race Red Raptor and my wife has a 2010 5.4 Molten Orange Raptor. For some reason we can’t get away from the GEN1 raptors we love them. I do miss the early days of the forum it was fun to banter with everyone. People move on do different things but the love of these trucks stays the same. I still enjoy being on this forum and getting some folks riled up every now and then but also trying to contribute so I hope this forum keeps going and the quality of people and trucks gets better.

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's funny that this was bumped, as I was literally just thinking about how "slow" the gen1 forum sections seems. I was active on forums back in their "prime" when PerformanceTrucks.net was popping... that had to be mid 2000's. I was excited when I got my first gen 1, and wanted to join and share and learn and research, but it does seem that the forums tend to migrate to the later releases, as the trucks become older and older... part of life I guess.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Yes, it's a fact that we are fewer since they don't make Gen 1's anymore and made fewer of them (just over 10,000 2010's) before every Tom, **** and Harry realized what a great truck they were. Most likely either every week or month, year for sure we lose another one to accidents or other reasons to the scape yards. We still have a fair amount of original Gen 1 owners on here even if we are dinosaurs! Ha Ha! Get it Raptor/Dinosaurs.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's a fact that we are fewer since they don't make Gen 1's anymore and made fewer of them (just over 10,000 2010's) before every Tom, **** and Harry realized what a great truck they were. Most likely either every week or month, year for sure we lose another one to accidents or other reasons to the scape yards. We still have a fair amount of original Gen 1 owners on here even if we are dinosaurs! Ha Ha! Get it Raptor/Dinosaurs.
Mine is a KEEPER. Just now putting 12K into it. Did some engine mods and doing light restoration stuff, fixing all minor issues that NE winters caused. Then eventually doing a complete engine Rebuild. Lessons learned when way back when I got rid of my fox body mustang, still miss that car and I know that I would really miss my Gen 1 so I rather put 20k into it than spend 80k for new. It Will be Son's some day

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Mine is a KEEPER. Just now putting 12K into it. Did some engine mods and doing light restoration stuff, fixing all minor issues that NE winters caused. Then eventually doing a complete engine Rebuild. Lessons learned when way back when I got rid of my fox body mustang, still miss that car and I know that I would really miss my Gen 1 so I rather put 20k into it than spend 80k for new. It Will be Son's some day
Yup definitely will dump $ into the g1 vs buying new and im closely watching rust points cause of that same NE winters lol.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup definitely will dump $ into the g1 vs buying new and im closely watching rust points cause of that same NE winters lol.
Just be sure to take care of your outer rocker panels sooner than later so the inner panels don't get rusty. It big bucks to repair the inners. Was hard to find someone who would do rust repairs. Most repair places just want to do bolt on stuff like replacing the entire uniside rather than cutting and tack welding new rockers with cab corners. A friend of mine is doing mine as a side job as well as underneath the bed plus whatever is needed