Was There a Time When…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree, I wish we had more options out the back door. I live in southern Ohio for reference. I will say this that a guy from New Jersey attends most of the offroad events I go to. Went to florida with us back in February. Good dude too.
Where can I find out about the events you speak of? I’m guessing they are closer to me than Moab. Lol. I was also chicken, perhaps smart, and turned back on Fins n things, and baby lion back. It was days before I did Raptor Assault and saw what these trucks are capable of.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where can I find out about the events you speak of? I’m guessing they are closer to me than Moab. Lol. I was also chicken, perhaps smart, and turned back on Fins n things, and baby lion back. It was days before I did Raptor Assault and saw what these trucks are capable of.

https://www.theoffroadrevolution.com/

Good crew over there. A lot of stuff in the eastern half of the US.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea, a touch closer than lMoab

@Chiefapple beat me to it. That is the group I go with mostly. I am looking to silver lake sand dunes in Michigan, probably hit some of their trails while I am there too (not sure when I’ll do that though).

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would like to experience a Gen 1 to be fair, hop in, ride around.

What are the designators on the Gen 1 that shows if its supercharged or not? And the SVT version is an upgrade right?

Christyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What are the designators on the Gen 1 that shows if its supercharged or not? And the SVT version is an upgrade right?

Supercharged was an aftermarket add-on, so your only way to tell is an extra party pulley on top and a different look to the intake. Oh and the dash telling you you're averaging 7-9 MPG.

All 2011-2014 Raptors were SVT until they nixed that department around 2015 or so and came up with Ford Performance instead. The 6.2 was an option over the 5.4 at first, then became standard. Ford Tech One is lurking, so i'm sure he can correct me, and also sing the praises of the newer tech and design aspects of Gen 2/3. :Big Laugh: To be sure, in all metrics they're better, but I love big dumb V8s. You'll likely be unimpressed stepping down from a Gen 2/3.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score

What are the designators on the Gen 1 that shows if its supercharged or not? And the SVT version is an upgrad

Supercharged was an aftermarket add-on, so your only way to tell is an extra party pulley on top and a different look to the intake. Oh and the dash telling you you're averaging 7-9 MPG.

All 2011-2014 Raptors were SVT until they nixed that department around 2015 or so and came up with Ford Performance instead. The 6.2 was an option over the 5.4 at first, then became standard. Ford Tech One is lurking, so i'm sure he can correct me, and also sing the praises of the newer tech and design aspects of Gen 2/3. :Big Laugh: To be sure, in all metrics they're better, but I love big dumb V8s. You'll likely be unimpressed stepping down from a Gen 2/3.
Correction to above The 2010- 2014 F-150 Raptors are SVT Raptors, while second-generation Raptors are branded Ford Performance Raptors.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Copy.

Now the only question is which engine last the longest.... 5.4 6.2 3.5 EB.

WHBD

Reaction score

I've been thinking the same about a Gen 2. I'll shoot you a PM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts