Was There a Time When…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Was there a time when this fine forum, one of my home away from homes, had only a Gen 1 section, before the Gen 2 was even announced? And now with the reordering, or rejiggering of the sub forums, we find the once and still great Gen 1 at the bottom of the page, with a vaporware Raptor R sitting at the top, as if it’s king, when no one even knows if it will ever see the light of day.

As a 3x Gen 2 owner (17, 19, 20) and now proud owner of a Gen3, I still look up with reverence and smile when a Gen 1 goes by.

Has the number of Gen 1 owner/members shrunk on the forum? Or have more who purchased them used joined over the years?

The Gen 1 is what turned me on to the Raptor but back then I didn’t consider owning a truck. Now a truck is my primary vehicle and I wouldn’t be without one.

Long live the Gen 1.

Yep. It was the one and only at the time. Here is my first post ever on this forum when I started it back in 2010. There wasn't a single word on the GEN2s coming out as in 2010, it was just all about the GEN1.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yep. It was the one and only at the time. Here is my first post ever on this forum when I started it back in 2010. There wasn't a single word on the GEN2s coming out as in 2010, it was just all about the GEN1.

200.gif

But the quintessential Gen 1 post is One and ONLY gas mileage thread please
1776 posts and still counting !

Maybe we could convince someone like superperformance to make a truck kit around the Raptor.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yeah, and im still waiting on my mod status, as well as the pay raise

Sportyworty

Reaction score
I am a celebrity with the mountain bike crew. Everyone loves this truck and has to ask questions wherever I park to ride. No one knows what year it is and are blown away when I tell them. Only people dialed in like you young guys can tell one from another. They are going to be iconic forever.

vtwinjunkie

Reaction score
Everyone I see and meet loves my truck. Wanted one since 2010 when I rode in a buddies who has had about 10 since then.
I was a long time lurker of this site and Finally got mine earlier this year with pretty low miles and a service history since new (a few short months after joining this forum).... Truck is in mint condition.
Plan on keeping this thing for the long haul as its like a dream come true to own.
By the way...that buddy I spoke of back in 2010 is getting a raptor R after seeing mine and realizing he made a mistake by getting the TRX mammoth edition last year...he says he has never been happier than driving a raptor (no matter which gen).....