Warrior Bed Mounted Spare mounting

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exterior Modifications Forum [GEN 1]' started by grancuda, Mar 22, 2014.

1. grancuda

grancuda Full Access Member

Got a Warrior brand bed mounted spare tire mount. Got it located / marked & having the center bolt lengthened & modifying the original spare mount "butterfly" that held the tire below via the cable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my 11 yo thought it would make a good gun rest.

[​IMG]

Captain Awesome likes this.
  2. Flaltlander1414

Flaltlander1414 Full Access Member

Lol. I like the gun rest. Its a multifunctional tire mount. Looks pretty solid

grancuda likes this.
  3. grancuda

Hey Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  4. grancuda

Finnally got this little project done. The way the Warrior mount is made it is only set up for shallow back-spaced wheels of about 4.5". Because if this I had to move the center arbor up so the backspace is matching the spare rim. I had to make a brace to bolt to the front of the mount to strengthen the center arbor. I also ended up using the spare wing piece from below the truck, cut the "wings" off it, welded a 1 1/16" ID pipe in it & put a plate on the back to strengthen it up. Now I slip that on the arbor to keep the wheel centered. & then just made a cork gasket to protect the wheel from
    the big wing nut.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. wstxraptor

wstxraptor Member

Have you had a chance to see how solid the mount is? I was looking into getting one but I plan on doing so pretty rough playing in my truck and was wondering how it was holding up.