Warranty work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autowerks racing

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I feared this day would come, but didnt expect it with only 1800 miles. I warned the dealer that my truck is mildly built(ha). Dropped it off the other day with exhaust open and supercharger whistling....They got a chuckle out of that. I await their verdict....

My hill descent and trac control lights are on and the dash frequently goes dead. The other day it went to lock down mode and wouldnt start until I disconnected the battery....

My neighbor owns the dealership so hopefully the stuff under the hood will be overlooked.

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man you are having all kinds of bad luck didn't i just read your GTR is having problems too?

OP
OP
A

autowerks racing

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
The joys of modified cars...thankfully both under warranty,hopefully. I am going to start driving my murder,death kill 65 Lincoln because it doesn't have any computers and no check engine lights....

The car in my avatar worried me if it didn't have lights on

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Werks, FWIW I once had Hill Descent Control fault lights going crazy. Took the Rap in and told the dealer I'd read about Raptors having problems with the 3rd brake light leaking, then rusting some part that actually caused my hill descent control faults.

....at first, the guy looked at me like I was crazy. I asked him to humor me.... We water tested my 3rd brake light and found it was leaking. At that point he looked at me with a face I read as "maybe this guy isn't totally full of shit"

He started checking things out, long story short, they replaced my 3rd brake light and a part inside that had rusted and the problems have been gone ever since.

It sounds like your problems may be more severe (I have my fingers crossed for you) and i'm no mechanic, but if your Hill Descent Control fault light was going off, I think it would be good due diligence to at least see if your 3rd brake light happens to leak.

Keep us posted!!

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Hey Werks, FWIW I once had Hill Descent Control fault lights going crazy. Took the Rap in and told the dealer I'd read about Raptors having problems with the 3rd brake light leaking, then rusting some part that actually caused my hill descent control faults.

....at first, the guy looked at me like I was crazy. I asked him to humor me.... We water tested my 3rd brake light and found it was leaking. At that point he looked at me with a face I read as "maybe this guy isn't totally full of shit"

He started checking things out, long story short, they replaced my 3rd brake light and a part inside that had rusted and the problems have been gone ever since.

It sounds like your problems may be more severe (I have my fingers crossed for you) and i'm no mechanic, but if your Hill Descent Control fault light was going off, I think it would be good due diligence to at least see if your 3rd brake light happens to leak.

Keep us posted!!

^^^This^^^

It's happened to a select few now but from what you're describing, it sounds like the 3rd brake light issue that Bojangles described above. I'd deff. have them take a look at that first. And not just leaking, make sure they check the connection and everything.