Warranty with aftermarket intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I worked at a GM dealer we would some times get a call from from the zone rep. to refuse wty. service to a VIN.
This was after the CTS-V came out . Amazing car!!
Was he watching the local tracks or something? I have one of those. Modified a good bit. They still worked around the exhaust and whatnot to do recall work. Guess that’s not the same as warranty but Cadillac does give you a loaner no matter what. New ATS while they ****** on my 15-year old car.

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t had an issue with warranty and aftermarket intercoolers on my ‘17 or ‘19. Have hundreds of customers that have upgraded their intercoolers (for mounting a winch) to a Cobb, Full-Race, SVC, etc and haven’t personally heard of one issue. Not saying that it couldn’t happen as you could always get that one dealer with an attitude. I think it’s much less risk changing an IC than a tune.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I’m naive, but it seems like if the CAI is ok the intercooler should be ok, both are simple mods to the intake path.

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what is the largest stock replacement intercooler? Don’t want to modify anything, just want simple bolt in with minor mods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chi_weezy

Reaction score
So what is the largest stock replacement intercooler? Don’t want to modify anything, just want simple bolt in with minor mods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went with the CVF intercooler. Oem replacement but is larger/flows better.

Put it on my new 19 when I upgraded the front bumper. Truck runs great and stays cool