Warranty for Life - Wrap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ironically i was watching Tommy Boy last night so a quote about guarantees resonates right now ;)

Any decent vinyl shop will stand up to their work within a reasonable amount of time. I'd be pretty skeptical of extended replacement coverage unless your paying a 2-3x multiple of the normal rate up front. Even then has the shop has been around a long while and can you forsee them stayin in business? I see vinyl shops by the handful open and close in our area, but only a couple that have been around for the long haul and or didnt go BK during that time and reopen under a new org

OP
OP
T

taigacarol

Reaction score
I am talking about the additional Ford Lifetime Warranty

https://www.cnanational.com/web/guest/product-detail-llww

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Ironically i was watching Tommy Boy last night so a quote about guarantees resonates right now ;)

Any decent vinyl shop will stand up to their work within a reasonable amount of time. I'd be pretty skeptical of extended replacement coverage unless your paying a 2-3x multiple of the normal rate up front. Even then has the shop has been around a long while and can you forsee them stayin in business? I see vinyl shops by the handful open and close in our area, but only a couple that have been around for the long haul and or didnt go BK during that time and reopen under a new org
This is not about vinyl - additional mechanical warranty in addition to the lifetime powertrain

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol either you changed the first post significantly or I was clearly out of it yesterday ha

This looks to be a 3rd party warranty FYI, despite it being offered by a dealer. If you truly believe you will own the truck for such an extensive period, I could see a benefit, but id worry of limiting coverage so far down the line, plus extra hassles in the warranty claims process as opposed to a true ford warranty.

An official Ford premiumcare warranty plan can be had quite cheap online (less than half that for ~6-7yr100k). A major benefit to ford coverage, if you trade in or sell truck your truck, you will get a prorated refund of the cost back. You can also transfer it to the new owner, so it adds resale value too.

Realistically, most people will sell their truck before reaping the rewards of such a long warranty, so I'd look into its transfer-ability and or prorated refund options, which Id think are unlikely to exist

Deezel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol either you changed the first post significantly or I was clearly out of it yesterday ha

He edited the post lol. I was thinking it was about vinyl wrap also.

Ohh the things I could have replaced with a LIFETIME parts warranty lol. I'd make sure there isn't some clause about maximum replacement costs and voiding the warranty due to abuse..

OP
OP
T

taigacarol

Reaction score
LOL - I did edit it - thought more people knew about this - yes it is from CNA, the company that covers the powertrain from what I can tell.