Warranty Denial

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

NomadV

Reaction score
If the denial is truly because the vehicle was purchase in PR, then you have a good claim under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, which deals with new car warranties. You should try to get the denial in writing and then have a consumer protection attorney look at it. You could also contact KY’s state attorney general’s office since they could also pursue the claim in your behalf.

It’s entirely possible that someone at Ford’s warranty department is just a ********. Sometimes the legal department needs to get involved before they behave.
Yea I have confirmation from Ford Customer Care that it is a Ford flag and not a dealer issue. They tried to blame the dealer at first, but then after the rep called multiple other dealers they all told him the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It may not sound like much, but this is progress. Now you have actual evidence. It’s at this point that someone in Ford customer service ought to take notice, admit fault, apologize and agree to unf*ck themselves so that you can receive the warranty repair you’re from all indications entitled to.

Cooler heads ought to be able to prevail here with what you have today. I’d suggest you try this avenue while you seek out a lawyer in the field would would be willing to assist. From what you’re saying, I would be very surprised if it went any further than the “strongly worded letter”.

Don’t mention anything to Ford, their customer service line, or any dealer your intent to resolve with a lawyer, it only gums things up. keep that to yourself and work on it quietly while you attempt to secure agreement from Ford C/S about this.

Chimmy Steve

Reaction score
Had the same issue w leak in mine
Dealership kept it for an entire month only to send it to a body shop to fix the leak. I had them gut the entire interior rip out and replace carpet and air filter.
I found mold issues in the carpet
Gator ford did the repairs
And covered under warranty
I will send follow up video

4BEBF0E7-930D-43F8-8E6A-7502084B8050.jpeg

Chimmy Steve

Reaction score
I can’t upload the videos, but feel free to text or call me 813-924-0391. I agree with the others that this is B.S and I would reach out to local news channels or any other sources that could help you remedy this situation

OP
OP
N

NomadV

Reaction score
I can’t upload the videos, but feel free to text or call me 813-924-0391. I agree with the others that this is B.S and I would reach out to local news channels or any other sources that could help you remedy this situation
Yea I’ve got quite a few actions in motion.

Local news said they are running it by their producers

Have some folks on twitter tagging Ford

Have emails to all the execs

Have others sending me people’s numbers to call

And another friend that got ahold of someone that’s supposed to be calling.

Not to mention my own case I opened

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similiar issue getting the windshield replaced on a 2019. It had a factory defect in the lamination and was "dirty" looking. Ford service shop agreed. They tried to get it approved and Ford just told them to clean the window, because in the picture it just looked like dirty glass. Ford would not listen to their dealer service shop, and frankly I do not feel the service center was trying very hard because they were used to denials.

Ford service suggested I call ford Cust Service and open a case. I did and they approved it shortly thereafter. Dealer service shop still drug their feet and were caught on a lie stating the new windshield was ordered when it was not. They later claimed it was broken and had to be reordered (to give them time to make up for not ordering it originally.) It took about 6 weeks after Ford approved it before the shop called to setup a date for the install, oh wait, I had to call to setup a date, about 10 calls to be exact. All in all it took almost 6 months to replace a windshield under warranty for a vehicle with 500 miles on it.

And all of this was for a work order of only about $500.

OP
OP
N

NomadV

Reaction score
I had a similiar issue getting the windshield replaced on a 2019. It had a factory defect in the lamination and was "dirty" looking. Ford service shop agreed. They tried to get it approved and Ford just told them to clean the window, because in the picture it just looked like dirty glass. Ford would not listen to their dealer service shop, and frankly I do not feel the service center was trying very hard because they were used to denials.

Ford service suggested I call ford Cust Service and open a case. I did and they approved it shortly thereafter. Dealer service shop still drug their feet and were caught on a lie stating the new windshield was ordered when it was not. They later claimed it was broken and had to be reordered (to give them time to make up for not ordering it originally.) It took about 6 weeks after Ford approved it before the shop called to setup a date for the install, oh wait, I had to call to setup a date, about 10 calls to be exact. All in all it took almost 6 months to replace a windshield under warranty for a vehicle with 500 miles on it.

And all of this was for a work order of only about $500.
Damn that’s crazy

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue and filed a complaint with my State Attorney's Office. In my state (Wyoming) Warranties are handled the same as Insurance. After the State contacted said Manufacture to justify not covering said Warranty they agreed to fix the issue. Wouldn't hurt to contact your State Attorney's office. The best part is it doesn't cost you dime.

Hipp

Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone,

Running into an issue with Ford denying the warranty on our 2018 Super Crew Raptor. The truck is well under the 36/36 and this is the 3rd time we have taken it in for the same issue.

Here is a breakdown of the issues:

we were stationed in Puerto Rico when we bought the truck over Memorial Day weekend 2018. Shortly thereafter we were getting water intrusion under the driver side floor mat and in the running board. They said they fixed it.

shortly thereafter the Army moved us to Kentucky and shipped our truck here. We registered it here after receiving it. Anyone in the area knows it’s been a pretty wet summer and winter and we found the water was intruding again. So we took it to the local KY dealer that could get us in the fastest. After over 2 weeks they told us they had fixed it.

then again, after several days of heavy rain we actually had a puddle on the floor on the driver’s side. So we made an appointment with another dealer to look at it.

the service guy at this dealer has been great, keeping us in the loop and communicating. He called and told us he thought he found the issue but when he submitted the warranty claim to Ford they denied it (he said the drain tube is missing from the moon roof and a new headliner and interior carpet is needed). He told us he had tried escalating it through his end and was getting nowhere so he gave us the number to call at Ford.

everyone I spoke to gave me different information, but what it comes down to is that Ford has flagged our VIN saying it did not have a valid warranty because it was purchased in Puerto Rico, regardless of the fact that we bought it from the largest Ford Dealership on the island. One rep went through the owners manual with me and on Page 4 it states that the warranty is valid on vehicles purchased in US Territories, which Puerto Rico is one.

I have tried talking to a manager at Ford but the CS Reps tell me it is not allowed. I have tried emailing William Ford Jr and Jim Hackett to no response (though I did get a spoof message from someone claiming to be Mr Ford then tried to get money from us).

this makes me wonder, since quite a few military members rotate through Puerto Rico, if other service members are purchasing Ford vehicles there, coming back to the States only to find out that the vehicle they purchased new is not covered under warranty.

I’m just at my wits end as my 75k truck sits at the dealer and knowing that at not even 2 years old it no longer has a warranty.

I guess this is partial vent, partial plea for any help or guidance that someone could offer. I’ve tried everything I can think of to get a response via emails, social media, phone calls, etc.

If anyone has any advice or help they could provide, I would greatly appreciate it