Warranty Denial

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

NomadV

Reaction score
Starting to wonder if the first dealership I brought it to in KY had the same issue and didn’t know what to do with it and therefore did nothing since they never mentioned any issues with submitting the warranty (also had em red lash the computer as part of the tsb for hard shifts).

Of if it’s just a shady move because it has been in now 3 times for the same issue and it gets them out of a Lemon buyback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
they are on recorded lines

Those lines aren’t available to you on request and they’re routinely purged. if you want recordings and you are on what Ford says is a recorded line, then you too can legally record the call, and should. At this point, if you haven’t already done this, note the dates and times of all of your corporate and dealer interactions. Any notes, names, date/time, and outcome of the discussions or interactions.

I’ve been to non-binding arbitration before, you’re free to try it; My then lawyer explained it to me as ‘low chance of success but no real harm comes from it’. Worst case, they rule against you and you still have the ability to sue.

Good luck.

Crunchtime2k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a terrible way to treat a service member , take to social media , twitter would be a good one. I would bet that you will get quick results. Make sure you point out your service and situation.

wish you luck

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Starting to wonder if the first dealership I brought it to in KY had the same issue and didn’t know what to do with it and therefore did nothing since they never mentioned any issues with submitting the warranty (also had em red lash the computer as part of the tsb for hard shifts).

Of if it’s just a shady move because it has been in now 3 times for the same issue and it gets them out of a Lemon buyback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where in KY are you taking your truck??

gordo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont know if the lemon law is different in KY compared to FL but I my ex wife had a issue with Mercedes about 7 years ago and the dealer was being an ass so she filed with the state attorney by herself, went to mediation and the end result was they took the vehicle back and gave her $4,000! It was a lease so they used a calculation based on age of vehicle and mileage. The state was very helpful and walked her through the entire lemon law process. I would search lemon law for Kentucky and get the ball rolling. Dont even worry about an attorney. Good luck.

gordo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember this episode quite well since I was making the lease payments and she kept the refund check:emotions122:

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or, as an option, replace the door seal yourself and call it a day.

it’s not a door seal, it’s a drain tube for the moonroof, and, has apparently ruined the carpet and headliner now, so he needs those items fixed as well, Truck’s under warranty, someone needs to step up and fix it.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the denial is truly because the vehicle was purchase in PR, then you have a good claim under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, which deals with new car warranties. You should try to get the denial in writing and then have a consumer protection attorney look at it. You could also contact KY’s state attorney general’s office since they could also pursue the claim in your behalf.

It’s entirely possible that someone at Ford’s warranty department is just a ********. Sometimes the legal department needs to get involved before they behave.

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Request something from Ford in writing stating the warranty is not valid and explaining why, then contact a lemon law attorney to help you. Make sure to update the post with your findings. You said the hurricane was after but I wasn’t sure what you meant by that. Could the truck have been on the dealer lot at the time the hurricane came through?