Warning: Trans cooler line fitting fatigue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
matrix243

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL doubt it , i did this line used tubing cutter behind crimp then beaded it and installed good hose and clamp from that to lower radiator trans cooler 6 years ago , i would rather have this than quick disconnect that could snap again .
You're right, its steel. I was referring to near the connector which you wouldn't be beading.

OP
OP
matrix243

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been all ford all my life but some of the design faults I'm seeing is just unreal. I get that there is a parts cost cutting in certain areas but how thoughtless could you be having such an inferior product that has the #1 importance in the survival of the transmission. Seeing more and more disregard for competency.

OP
OP
matrix243

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So can someone confirm this? The replacement part thats in the video is AL3Z-7R081-E but apparently thats for non-raptor 6r80, possibly non-6.2. The raptor 6.2 line is BL3Z-7R081-E. Is there a chance that the raptor line is fine? Not sure how you would know.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Fordtechmakuloco who made the vid specializes in 5.4 3V repairs. Curious if there’s been a design change in the quick connects for the 6.2L coolant lines despite the visual similarity since the part numbers are different.

Plenty of Gen 1 Raptors (5.4L and 6.2L) with over 100k miles and I haven’t seen any transmission coolant line failure reports despite many of them being run harder than the typical 5.4 truck that’s only seen street use.

OP
OP
matrix243

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Fordtechmakuloco who made the vid specializes in 5.4 3V repairs. Curious if there’s been a design change in the quick connects for the 6.2L coolant lines despite the visual similarity since the part numbers are different.

Plenty of Gen 1 Raptors (5.4L and 6.2L) with over 100k miles and I haven’t seen any transmission coolant line failure reports despite many of them being run harder than the typical 5.4 truck that’s only seen street use.
nope

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score

My 2012 with just over 100,000 has this issue. My son now drives it as his daily and I saw some red fluid dripping from the skid plate when he came home today. Sure as shit, leaking from that quick connect and need to replace the coolant tube lines.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As a follow-up to this, Fordtechmakuloco’s step-by-step video on how to replace the hard lines and the two jumper lines removed any excuse I had to delay proactively replacing everything. It wasn’t too bad. I did not having any leaking and I didn’t see any signs of swelling/distortion or corrosion at the connections.