Warning parking brake light stays on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a Ford F150 SVT Raptor 5.4L 2010, the warning parking brake light stays on all the time.

The truck was scanned and found the code C1125 and U2023, we proceeded to replace the parking brake micro switch and the brake fluid level switch on the master brake pump, both parts are new, a Clear code was executed with the scanner and the brake lamp stays on.

We also performed a functional test on the instrument cluster with the scanner and noticed that during that test we can turn the brake lamp off and on.

According to the mechanic, we have communication with that lamp, but after we close and disconnect the scanner, the brake lamp comes back on and continues to stay on all the time.

Looking for more information the code C1125 indicates that the error can be in 3 parts:

1. PARKING BRAKE WARNING INDICATOR SWITCH: it was replaced by a new one, continuity test (ohms test) was made to the harness from one side to the other and that's fine, but the red brake warning indicator remains illuminated.

2. Brake fluid level switch: replaced by a new one, continuity test (ohms test) was made to the harness from one side to the other and that's fine, but the red brake warning indicator remains illuminated.

3. The third is for the Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), controlled by the ABS. I have no idea what it is and where it is, any ideas?

Just in case, the brake pedal switch was replaced and even the red brake warning indicator remains illuminated.

I just need to test with the Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), controlled by the ABS and I have no idea how and where is that located?

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions where the problem may be?