WARNING: Jeeps in the snow, not Raptors!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you like snow you need to come to South Dakota! Gobs here

My 14 year old daughter drives sweet roads like those to volley ball practice in the dark in her Ecosport! You just have to if you live around here. I can't imagine what it's like in northern Canada. I guess they have Letterkenney reruns when you're snowed in.

Jeeps are cool, but I'd take my Raptor in the snow everyday

View attachment 154883
I used to live in Yellowknife when I was a teenager, you could drive through 3 feet of new snow in a volkswagon bug, because the snow was like powder when it's -65f. We used to just plow through it, wet snow is another thing. I don't doubt your daughter knows how to drive, no ecosports up where we were, those are atv trails, to get there you had to climb up steep icy switchbacks.

Roscoe S

Reaction score

My 14 year old daughter drives sweet roads like those to volley ball practice in the dark in her Ecosport! You just have to if you live around here. I can't imagine what it's like in northern Canada. I guess they have Letterkenney reruns when you're snowed in.

View attachment 154883

That is one beautiful view, jealous

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanna trade? I could handle the humidity at 82f. You live by the beach, right?
Missed this earlier. Yes. No one expects that answer from a native Floridian, but I once stood outside an Outback in West Virginia during a light snow in 17F in jeans and a t-shirt for a hour with my amazing wife because the heat in the lobby was too high. I nearly died of heat stroke during dinner. I don't know what the deal is with cold places keeping the heat so high. I'm dressed for the weather outside, not the sun.

Anyway, we'll have to wait a bit as we're now into good weather. Let's swap next month when it'll surely be 90 degrees at some point. Currently, it's 75 F out now and the humidity is under 90%—in fact it's only 53%! It's damn near magical. I opened the windows this week.

I'll warn you though, my friend from ON was down in January of this year and February of last year and he said it was too humid. And that was low. I leave my studio's AC sometimes and the air condenses on my hands as I walk across my back yard and I've only got it set to 68.

View attachment 154883

That's beautiful. I had a friend in ND that sent a bunch of cool photos. He had a window in his basement break when it was -40 out.

While I love snow and the cold, the problem is, snow doesn't disappear like rain does. SoCal stole all of the good weather, but I can't move there.

OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Missed this earlier. Yes. No one expects that answer from a native Floridian, but I once stood outside an Outback in West Virginia during a light snow in 17F in jeans and a t-shirt for a hour with my amazing wife because the heat in the lobby was too high. I nearly died of heat stroke during dinner. I don't know what the deal is with cold places keeping the heat so high. I'm dressed for the weather outside, not the sun.

Anyway, we'll have to wait a bit as we're now into good weather. Let's swap next month when it'll surely be 90 degrees at some point. Currently, it's 75 F out now and the humidity is under 90%—in fact it's only 53%! It's damn near magical. I opened the windows this week.

I'll warn you though, my friend from ON was down in January of this year and February of last year and he said it was too humid. And that was low. I leave my studio's AC sometimes and the air condenses on my hands as I walk across my back yard and I've only got it set to 68.

That's beautiful. I had a friend in ND that sent a bunch of cool photos. He had a window in his basement break when it was -40 out.

While I love snow and the cold, the problem is, snow doesn't disappear like rain does. SoCal stole all of the good weather, but I can't move there.
When I was in Puerto Vallarta last year, the humidity was crazy at first, but I got used to it after 2 days. I've lived by the ocean for over 30 years and love the humidity, never been to Florida, but I've been on that side of the Caribbean and love the weather, will probably retire somewhere where the weather is in the 80-90's year round. I don't have a problem with drinking cold corona's on the beach and then swimming in the ocean, unless its full of sharks, lol.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was in Puerto Vallarta last year, the humidity was crazy at first, but I got used to it after 2 days. I've lived by the ocean for over 30 years and love the humidity, never been to Florida, but I've been on that side of the Caribbean and love the weather, will probably retire somewhere where the weather is in the 80-90's year round. I don't have a problem with drinking cold corona's on the beach and then swimming in the ocean, unless its full of sharks, lol.

Humidity is completely tolerable near the ocean where there's wind. What sucks is being about 5-10 miles from the bay in the middle of summer when there's not even the slightest breeze. I've never gotten used to August/September heat/humidity in Florida in 36 years, haha. But I have a hefty A/C on the house so I can't complain too much. I do know plenty of people who just love it, though. I'm usually the odd one out, so it's me. I know that.

For me it's not so much the heat. It's the mugginess of the air. I once had a trip to film in Bakersfield. And while I love the cold, I didn't mind 97 degrees there because I didn't sweat nearly as much and it was actually able to do its job. Here, sweat's ability to evaporatively cool is severely diminished. And I cannot stand that. Walking outside at those times is like putting sweaty clothes back on after taking them off.

Also, don't worry about sharks. They won't do much to you unless you look like food. Stingrays and jellyfish are what you want to avoid, haha.