Warning about Whipple tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Obscure

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still trying to get this sorted out. Thought it was updated and I was running the latest TCM strategy but turns out it was running the same one as from the factory.

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still trying to get this sorted out. Thought it was updated and I was running the latest TCM strategy but turns out it was running the same one as from the factory.

I’m going back to stock tune! I don’t want the dealership locked out of my ECM , for the next 80,000 miles.

OP
OP
Obscure

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally am running the latest stock PCM/TCM strategies. Too early to really tell, but initially it feels like it is shifting better.

Calabro

Reaction score
Wow I am most definitely happy I took the time to read this as I was real close to Purchaseing Whipple and with out any doubt I will no longer even consider it . Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, this is just craptastic! Generally, I am pretty happy with my Whipple Stage 1 tune, but I am not happy to read this. I would've liked the ability to get back to a fully stock tune if needed. I guess that ship has sailed. I don't like that we can't easily get updates from Ford.

I have been avoiding a custom tune at this time, but have not ruled out a custom tune down the road. That begs the question... what does this mean, if i wanted to move to a custom tune like MPT at a later date??? Would you somehow have to get back to a stock tune first??