Warning about Whipple tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got 9,000 miles on my stage 1 whipple tune, WITH NO PROBLEMS running strong.
I did take longer than I wanted to get my stock file back . The bottom line is what ever tune you get FORD WILL KNOW . So cross your fingers when you take it in for a problem. I still think Whipple has the most reliable tune going!

TheProcessoperator

Reaction score
I’ve been running the Whipple kit for 8k miles with no issues. The difference in power and throttle response is very noticeable, and I am happy with my trucks performance. However, I do not like not being able to revert to a stock tune should an issue arise, and that even if you are able to get a stock tune from Whipple (which takes months from what I read on here) it will stick out like a sore thumb to Ford and they may not flash any of your components ever again. In summary, the Whipple kit has been amazing, BUT unlike advertised, it may be the “unfriendliest” Ford tune out there.

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be talking to the dealer about the possibility of a reflash to stock so the TCM can be updated. I don't think this is a tuning issue from the Whipple program, I believe it is something that is in the stock Ford TCM settings and is exaggerated by the tune. I noticed the odd shifting when I first bought the truck. I wasn't happy with the new Raptor at first because of the odd shifting. I had the dealership do my Whipple install, so I'm not one of those trying to hide the fact that my truck was never tuned. I'll post my updates on resolving my TCM updating as it develops. I do plan to contact Whipple for a stock tune as well to have that ready in case the dealership isn't able to do it for me. I think Whipple should reprogram their software to save the stock tune, it seems ridiculous to me that it is just deleted.