Warbird Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warbird_Steve

Reaction score
BC80141B-5FFF-471E-83A8-F3B0C36A3058.jpegBetter make my intro before I lurk too long! Had a Gen 1 2011 which was a blast but ended up selling it (and regretting it) way too soon. Gen 2 came out & I was intent on getting another. FINALLY after way to long I had the chance to get the perfect ride. Out here in AZ these things don’t last long before they’re snatched up quickly & typically over asking price. Weird quirk of fate was on a business trip to Kentucky and found the perfect truck for sale outside of Louisville. LeadFoot gray, 802A package, low mileage and a better price than in my area. Called the seller and jumped on it, canceled my flight home and made a 1700 mile drive home. Couldn’t be happier! What a great truck! So far put a readylift level kit and a set of Black Rhino beadlocks on it. Looking at the ADD front bumper (stock mount - not cutting the frame on this gem). Really liking what I’m reading about Cobb & seriously looking at a Stage 2. Probably going to get an extended warranty for the peace of mind ‍♂️. Only has 33k miles but intend on having it for a long time as I’m enjoying it so much.
Looking forward to all the great info here from other owners
Here’s a photo from today with the level kit and rims installed.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place and congrats on a beautiful Raptor. Those rims look very nice on it. The internet can be a tough place, so saying that, why did you go with ready lift and not RPG collars? Ready lift sucks in my opinion is all. Enjoy the truck and post your adventures.

OP
OP
Warbird_Steve

Warbird_Steve

Reaction score
No worries, thick skin here. I drove a truck with the ready lift kit and it rode awesome, just like stock so that’s what I went with. Was thinking of doing eibach springs but the shop that did the other trucks install before I test drove it shared how the shocks will limit out over even small bumps due to the additional length/height of the spring. Made perfect sense and seeing how great the ride was went that direction. Literally no regrets. I’m sure RPG is a great American made product but not sure how 2 pieces of precision milled metal that provides the ready lift kit can be “bad” but time could change my mind I suppose.

Railroader

Reaction score
For what it's worth, looking for an extended warranty? I just purchased one from "getcarlife.com. (My truck is a 20 SCREW with all the options, 28,000 miles) was super easy and it's priced as a monthly payment on your CC. can keep as long as you wish. The price was extremely competitive with a national underwriting company.

NIce truck by the way!!

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased my 2019 used this year and did not want to pay 60+ for a used truck, but after DRIVING 10 used RAPTORS and then the one I BOUGHT that already had a STAGE II COBB intercooler, cold air intake, and COBB TUNNER-- what a difference!! I been wanting to go goosetune with transmission but not in the mood for spend at this time!! I can tell you COBB STAGE II-- night .day difference and MY TRUCK has 37