6.2 Wanting to change exhaust (OPINIONS PLEASE)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have any drone that you do want to get rid of you could add some helmholz resonator or “j tube” to it.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here’s my latest setup. Straight 3.5” right out the side!

I do not recommend dumping under the truck, drone is one thing but it just sounds more like a cheap old truck with a broken exhaust when you are normal driving. Sure at wot it’s fun but any other time it just has a “cheap/broken” feel. IMO

also I can most def say that the 3.5” pipe carry’s a much deeper and “powerful” note than the 3”. As far as perf goes I’m sure there is some scientist that will say 3” is better cause of pressure but I’m just talking about sound.

Last edited:

bruiser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s my latest setup. Straight 3.5” right out the side!

I do not recommend dumping under the truck, drone is one thing but it just sounds more like a cheap old truck with a broken exhaust when you are normal driving. Sure at wot it’s fun but any other time it just has a “cheap/broken” feel. IMO

also I can most def say that the 3.5” pipe carry’s a much deeper and “powerful” note than the 3”. As far as perf goes I’m sure there is some scientist that will say 3” is better cause of pressure but I’m just talking about sound.

Oh man that sounds good. no resonator?

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
porter, where did you get your tip/cut through mount for you exhaust?
marine grade stuff?
I bought the parts from here and there, I can dig through my email to get the links but I built a can behind the mount That actually welds to the tip/pipe. That way the pipe would t vibrate against the bezel. If I had to do it again I would just buy the stainless works through body tips would have been Soo much easier and likely cheaper in the long run. I will dig and see what I can find as far as links but seriously if your considering through bed exhaust def go with the stainless works tips.

also as much as I like how the 3.5” pipe turned out I would do it with 3” cause most muffler shops can bend it. it is a crazy snake of exhaust route and it turns into a lot of butt welds