Wanting to buy 2018 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustinS31

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to the forums. I’m looking at a used 2018 Raptor. It’s a 802A, and has a good bit of mods. To start it has DTE chip,DTE throttle control response controller,AMS intake tubes,RCI skid plate,S&B intake, BAJA lighting,BAK MX4 tonneau, method race wheels, Diode dynamic lighting,Deaver 3” leaf springs, RPG 2” drop shackles, RPG adjustable shock collars, and RPG bump stop Kit. It looks to be in great condition. Only 31k miles. Says he only used it as a pavement princess, is there anything I should be looking for when I check it out? Any help is appreciated. Coming from a ram 2500 so I’m not to sure what to look for. Also this will be a daily driver.. Any help is appreciated!View attachment 161080

Last edited:

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I would post this to the gen 2 general forums or the Prospective Buyers forum. You may get more views.

Nevermind saw this was already cross posted.

Ill add my quick two cents. I'm always weird about buying pre modded vehicles. Like for instance if it's a pavement princess why would he need the RPG bump stop kit. He could get away with a spacer on the bump stop for way cheaper which is perfectly fine for pavement driving. But maybe he just likes spending money or someone built a package and he just signed the check. Also not too familiar with DTE products but have heard some back and forth on pedal controllers. 2018s especially earlier build dates will have more relevant TSBs but you're well in the warranty period so I personally wouldn't be too concerned. None of the TSBs are big killers.

Last edited: