Wanting to add a Raptor R forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I would really like to have your opinion on where to put the forum? I was thinking of create its on forum section here, as in under the Gen 3 cat, but its own forum, or does it need one?

What do you all think?

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it will need General and Engine at most... guessing the other areas will be the same or very similar.
If there are other larger differences, then add that later. Keep it simple. I would also keep it in the current Gen3 area.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you should add back the politics forum and remove the auto censorship.

Besides that, whether there should be separate sub forums for the R, the only significant difference is with the engine/performance, so perhaps just that module. There is no need for an R lighting subforum, for example.

A little bit related, much of the Gen 3 general discussion is dominated by acquisition/special order/availability. Sort of ok for now since not much else to discuss about Gen 3, but might make sense to make that a separate subforum rather than part of general. Talk of how to acquire the R may make general gen 3 discussions unreadable at some point.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would tend to agree with you. Not really an issue now with nobody having either truck but at some point whenever the heck the R comes out you're going to have another flood of acquisition/special order/availability/specs/exhaust notes/packages/blue seat colors/memory seats threads to worry about. I like to be organized so I would vote "yes" to just 1 R sub forum within the Gen 3

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I think you should add back the politics forum and remove the auto censorship.

Besides that, whether there should be separate sub forums for the R, the only significant difference is with the engine/performance, so perhaps just that module. There is no need for an R lighting subforum, for example.

A little bit related, much of the Gen 3 general discussion is dominated by acquisition/special order/availability. Sort of ok for now since not much else to discuss about Gen 3, but might make sense to make that a separate subforum rather than part of general. Talk of how to acquire the R may make general gen 3 discussions unreadable at some point.

Its always been like this for even the last 2 gens. All that dominates in the beginning and then eventually vanishes down the forum list when they all start coming out.

The political section is staying off for now.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I would tend to agree with you. Not really an issue now with nobody having either truck but at some point whenever the heck the R comes out you're going to have another flood of acquisition/special order/availability/specs/exhaust notes/packages/blue seat colors/memory seats threads to worry about. I like to be organized so I would vote "yes" to just 1 R sub forum within the Gen 3

Totally understand, but its also nice to be ahead of it and have the sections already laid out, rather then weeding through the General section for certain posts to move it into the Engine/Mod, and so on sections we decide to add later. Also, if I create these forums sections now, then search engines will find the site easier when people search for certain terms with the Raptor R.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
How about the G rated filter? I’ve seen/heard words in kids cartoons that now get censored here.

I'm always looking to remove some of the words, I just need help from members here to send me over those words that can be removed.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm always looking to remove some of the words, I just need help from members here to send me over those words that can be removed.
Ok, that’s a start.
“****” was one for example, and there are a plethora of others that simply make no sense.
Why censor anything on a forum full of grown men with the minds of teenagers anyway? Serious question.