Want to order 2017 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Striker

Reaction score
Nope, I wish.... I work at the Lima engine plant (Ohio) and can't use my a- plan, i worked out a deal for 500$ over invoice.

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh yea, im definitely aiting for the V8 twin turbo. thanks for the heads up... they are doing what they did when they first came out with the 5.3L Raptor, then later on with the 6.2L

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
oh yea, im definitely aiting for the V8 twin turbo. thanks for the heads up... they are doing what they did when they first came out with the 5.3L Raptor, then later on with the 6.2L

No they are not.

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No they are not.

There is a lot of speculation...but i dont mind waiting a couple of months to make sure if they are or are not making it. so far, ive read more about it being made from multiple sources than it NOT being made. Hope they do though....

""The Raptor will in the long run be a two-motor truck – that was the game plan from the begin – much like you have the decision for the EcoBoost V6 or 5.0 V8 in other F-150 models. Section knows there is a business open door for both powertrains, and needs to endorse in both areas. Portage is really pushing the V6 EcoBoost program, and thought it was a staggering opportunity to show up both the Ford GT and Raptor with the 3.5L EcoBoost stage in Detroit, yet most likely about it that the Twin Turbo V8 is going – I'm just not sure in case we will see it in the 2017 Raptor, or the 2018 Ford.":win:

Bigbo076

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a lot of speculation...but i dont mind waiting a couple of months to make sure if they are or are not making it. so far, ive read more about it being made from multiple sources than it NOT being made. Hope they do though....

""The Raptor will in the long run be a two-motor truck – that was the game plan from the begin – much like you have the decision for the EcoBoost V6 or 5.0 V8 in other F-150 models. Section knows there is a business open door for both powertrains, and needs to endorse in both areas. Portage is really pushing the V6 EcoBoost program, and thought it was a staggering opportunity to show up both the Ford GT and Raptor with the 3.5L EcoBoost stage in Detroit, yet most likely about it that the Twin Turbo V8 is going – I'm just not sure in case we will see it in the 2017 Raptor, or the 2018 Ford.":win:

Might want to check the source....

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The earliest build date I have seen so far is the week of 10/10. There have been plenty of posts from people in the Houston and Dallas area looking for Raptors. They stated that the TX dealers were marking them up anywhere from $5k - $20k. Your best bet is to look outside of TX or try to find a small town dealer that has an allocation for one. My dealer is getting 6 and has taken orders for 8. It is going to be hard to find one until production gets up and running.

yeah that's pretty much right on the money from what i'm seeing here in the san antonio area. 5 grand is the lowest i've found so far. it's ridiculous, TX ford dealers are some of the worst IMO.

i'm taking a break for now, will start a wider search for some smaller dealers but not holding out much hope. the key is to be patient, it's very likely that by 2018 they'll be selling at a discount or you'll find several sitting on lots after the deals fall through.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

That's my thought process too.

I'm ok with the V6TT(it is what it is) just waiting to see if any gremlins pop up with the 17's and the fact that it's tough to find one now for a good deal.

i'm heading that direction too. i don't have time anymore to chase down a bazillion dealers to try to get a deal. it took me 3 years to get my gt500 for the price i wanted. patience is key, plus i've never bought a first year re-design (and this is a big one) for the gremlin reason.

dealers are eating this up since it's a major re-design and there hasn't been a raptor for a few years.

it'd be nice if chevy/dodge/toyota would do something to REALLY compete and help us out, but so far no dice on that.

dill

Reaction score
Hello, everyone, just a new user, I have placed a order of 2017 raptor in Aug 18, it has been 2 months already, and nothing received yet, I called the ford headquarters, they said my order still "in order process", no idea that when I will receive my raptor!

KellyD

Reaction score
I was out price fishing at the local dealerships and pretty much all of them want +20K over MSRP. Is Ford only making a limited number of these and that's it? Wouldn't they make every truck that gets ordered? I don't mind waiting a few months for a truck to be built but I'm not paying more than the manufacturer says it's worth.

For dealerships that are allocated a specific number of these, like 5 for example, are they not able to submit build requests for as many as they want? Or are they able to sell 5 then that's it and they're done?

A little fustrating trying to find a fair deal.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was out price fishing at the local dealerships and pretty much all of them want +20K over MSRP. Is Ford only making a limited number of these and that's it? Wouldn't they make every truck that gets ordered? I don't mind waiting a few months for a truck to be built but I'm not paying more than the manufacturer says it's worth.

For dealerships that are allocated a specific number of these, like 5 for example, are they not able to submit build requests for as many as they want? Or are they able to sell 5 then that's it and they're done?

A little fustrating trying to find a fair deal.

Just got to wait it out a bit more.

Went to a dealer to look at a 14, and they were boasting how they were only charging 5k over sticker.
They got all their allocations sold.