Waiting over 2 months for part--- dealer blames Covid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84 Sheepdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting over 2 months for a front driveshaft to be available for my truck. Is anyone else seeing similar holdups on parts for their trucks? Covid or not, I think waiting 2+ months is unreasonable considering the truck isn't even 2 years old and that's an essential part in operation of the truck. In my humble opinion, if the rzeppa joint that failed eventually lets go the driveshaft will take out the transmission case/pan as well. I've shared the same with my local dealer and they could care less. Their response ("yeah covid") when I questioned it has me thinking I'll unload this thing soon and buy the now competitive product from Dodge. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Last edited:

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
COVID delays are definitely a real thing from first hand experience so to say "COVID or not" doesn't mean anything. However, that being said, I was quoted 8 weeks for a part on my truck at one dealer, but switched to a different dealer for convenience and the whole fix including wait time for the same parts happened within 7 days.

I don't know how the whole dealer interaction works, but there's definitely some huge variation between dealers. Id search around if possible to see if its available elsewhere sooner.

But sure maybe switch to RAM and your local dealer will be better if thats a critical determining factor in your satisfaction.

OP
OP

84 Sheepdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
COVID delays are definitely a real thing from first hand experience so to say "COVID or not" doesn't mean anything. However, that being said, I was quoted 8 weeks for a part on my truck at one dealer, but switched to a different dealer for convenience and the whole fix including wait time for the same parts happened within 7 days.

I don't know how the whole dealer interaction works, but there's definitely some huge variation between dealers. Id search around if possible to see if its available elsewhere sooner.

But sure maybe switch to RAM and your local dealer will be better if thats a critical determining factor in your satisfaction.

Yep, I have an appointment with another dealer (Five Star Ford) next week. Since this all started I've had them service my truck and had much better luck.