Wait!! What!!?? Plastic Drain Plug...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

COLORAP303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Several local oil change specialty shops (i.e. Valvoline) wont work on Ford's that have the plastic drain plug. Apparently their techs can easily over-tighten, break the seal and people call them next day with oil all over their driveway.
Great reason to do it yourself like the rugged person your raptor makes people think you are!

Theswits

Reaction score
Does anybody have a link for the plastic drain plugs? My 2017 SCAB is still fine, but it would be nice to have a spare drain plug in case I foul it up next time. And yup, still an old fart doing the simple stuff. But it would be helpful to have a more efficient drain method, I hate the oil draining sideways ......

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Several local oil change specialty shops (i.e. Valvoline) wont work on Ford's that have the plastic drain plug. Apparently their techs can easily over-tighten, break the seal and people call them next day with oil all over their driveway.

Magilla Gorilla would have a hard time F*cking up the factory oil pan plug. it’s basically a 2 (or is it 3) lug quick attach that locks in place and seals. If they’re “overtorquing it” then they must be less intelligent than your average primate and not only shouldn’t be working in the auto industry, they shouldn’t be unsupervised in public.

If they’re telling you this, don’t go there.

This is the same class of life form that don’t understand that car and truck wheels have a torque specification, and it’s NOT the maximum driver setting!

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magilla Gorilla would have a hard time F*cking up the factory oil pan plug. it’s basically a 2 (or is it 3) lug quick attach that locks in place and seals. If they’re “overtorquing it” then they must be less intelligent than your average primate and not only shouldn’t be working in the auto industry, they shouldn’t be unsupervised in public.

If they’re telling you this, don’t go there.

This is the same class of life form that don’t understand that car and truck wheels have a torque specification, and it’s NOT the maximum driver setting!
The best part was when the manager claimed to have checked if it was plastic or not, came back all confident swearing it was. So I checked when I got home to confirm; the guy was so damn lazy and didn't event look under the plate.

Back to getting my hands dirty.....

OP
OP
AutoXRacer

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a link for the plastic drain plugs? My 2017 SCAB is still fine, but it would be nice to have a spare drain plug in case I foul it up next time. And yup, still an old fart doing the simple stuff. But it would be helpful to have a more efficient drain method, I hate the oil draining sideways ......

Ford BC3Z-6730-A / FT4Z-6730-A Engine Oil Drain Plug https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JAU88JK/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Back to getting my hands dirty.....
sometimes, you put forth all kinds of effort to save time and it ends up costing you 3x the amount of time as if you’d done it yourself in the first place.