Wait!! What!!?? Plastic Drain Plug...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

COLORAP303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And get my hands dirty? Are you insane? :)
Haha. Unfortunately most owners are really like this. But I’m weird, when Im bored in the winter I’ll get the creeper out and hang out under the truck checking things out. The woman says I’m trying to get peace under there. And she is right, no one bothers me. One day I’ll get driven over.

COLORAP303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a link for the plastic drain plugs? My 2017 SCAB is still fine, but it would be nice to have a spare drain plug in case I foul it up next time. And yup, still an old fart doing the simple stuff. But it would be helpful to have a more efficient drain method, I hate the oil draining sideways ......
I just go to the dealer.

SSB_Raptor

Reaction score
My oil pan failed me on my 2020 Raptor. A new gasket had to be installed on the pan as oil was leaking around it and I was low on transmission fluid. I had found out the hard way into a 2 hour drive down the interstate with cruise control on, and suddenly my truck went crazy. It downshifted to 2 or 3rd gear and buried the tachometer. I was not happy.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have never seen a vehicle with a plastic oil pan drain plug; except for my riding mower.
What the!!??

Seems like it needs to be replaced at every oil change?

Anyone use this type of replacement drain plug?

EDIT 5/4
Ok, Fordtech set me straight...

The Gen3s do not have composite pans nor plugs. Ford reverted back to aluminum pans and plugs in mid-2018 model year.

Sorry... false alarm

Ronin Billet Easy Oil Drain Plug
This thread is ret@rded.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My oil pan failed me on my 2020 Raptor. A new gasket had to be installed on the pan as oil was leaking around it and I was low on transmission fluid. I had found out the hard way into a 2 hour drive down the interstate with cruise control on, and suddenly my truck went crazy. It downshifted to 2 or 3rd gear and buried the tachometer. I was not happy.
First post? Welcome…please introduce yourself in the new members section.

First I’ve heard of a transmission oil pan failing.