Wait!! What!!?? Plastic Drain Plug...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never seen a vehicle with a plastic oil pan drain plug; except for my riding mower.
What the!!??

Seems like it needs to be replaced at every oil change?

Anyone use this type of replacement drain plug?

EDIT 5/4
Ok, Fordtech set me straight...

The Gen3s do not have composite pans nor plugs. Ford reverted back to aluminum pans and plugs in mid-2018 model year.

Sorry... false alarm

Ronin Billet Easy Oil Drain Plug

Last edited:

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought plastic oil pan and plastic drain plug had been given up by ford since begining of 2018 ???
It was one of the reason to me to avoid Raptor before february 2018... On my 20'S , everything is in aluminium, and the oil change is a pleasure, so easy it is...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Other than the fact that the plug is plastic/poly-whatever, is it leaking or otherwise giving you cause to replace it?

I have to admit, I’ve not gone searching for this but I can’t recall anyone complaining about the factory plastic oil plug leaking, breaking, shearing off, or the like. In my admittedly limited interactions with Lucille’s oil pan and drain plug, it seems to work pretty well, like a decent quick attach/detach suppressor and seems less susceptible to cross threading or abuse by oil change robots...