Wait time before applying PPF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brijen

Reaction score
For those who put PPF on their trucks, how long did you wait to have it installed after taking delivery? My truck went into production 1/31, original blend date was 2/8, updated to built on 2/26. Arrived at the dealership 3/3 and will be picking it up 3/25. Have an apt to get PPF installed on the 27th. Is that too soon or should the paint be safe to apply PPF to by then?

Last edited:

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not at all. Some guys like to do a paint correction before installing ppf. May want to consider that as well.

OP
OP
B

brijen

Reaction score
Not at all. Some guys like to do a paint correction before installing ppf. May want to consider that as well.
Yes the shop said they would do any needed paint correction to the area before applying the film. Just wanted to make sure I didnt have to worry about the paint not having enough time to cure first.

sf2360

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you will need paint correction before PPF. I typically take my truck from the dealer to my detailer.

KillerBlackbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The paint is cured before it rolls off the assembly line. You’ll be fine. The days of letting new vehicle paint “gas out” from the factory is long gone. Your truck most likely got terrorized in quality control by a rotary buffer if there were any imperfections before leaving Ford.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes the shop said they would do any needed paint correction to the area before applying the film. Just wanted to make sure I didnt have to worry about the paint not having enough time to cure first.
If the paint ain’t cured when you bought it better get your money back son

Man….guys like you w/ deep pockets make me realize why people take advantage

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guy and shops I trust the most stress paint correction prior to ppf and follow with ceramic. This is what I've followed on 3 of my vehicles I've actually done this with and will do so with my present Raptor for my 4th car going this route. I've had amazing and great success and as far as your concern over build date, don't worry about it, it's a Ford not a Tesla. I'll be honest I was more worried about my Model S but that's only because tesla has notoriously terrible paint. We'll be fine with our fords.

rbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those who put PPF on their trucks, how long did you wait to have it installed after taking delivery? My truck went into production 1/31, original blend date was 2/8, updated to built on 2/26. Arrived at the dealership 3/3 and will be picking it up 3/25. Have an apt to get PPF installed on the 27th. Is that too soon or should the paint be safe to apply PPF to by then?
My installer told me that the paint need to cure 14-30 days before they’d install PPF. When I mentioned paint correction he said that was fine because the manner in which the work is completed. I didn’t get paint correction though so can’t say for sure.