Wait or buy this one....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently sold my 22 non-37pp truck. I ordered a 23 37pp in avalanche at MSRP but found a local inbound 23 37pp avalanche exact same build sans a few small accessories i ordered, but the base cost is now up $1000. I believe they are asking $4k over which i think they are going to come back down to MSRP when its all said and done. Also, since i ordered my truck, ford credit sent me a 3.9% promo financing rate which is really attractive right now w rates presumably going to raise again here shortly.

So, do i wait for my 23 ive ordered or just suck it up and buy the one locally, hopefully at MSRP but a few bucks more and probably at a higher interest rate that will be closer to 5% through my credit union?

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently sold my 22 non-37pp truck. I ordered a 23 37pp in avalanche at MSRP but found a local inbound 23 37pp avalanche exact same build sans a few small accessories i ordered, but the base cost is now up $1000. I believe they are asking $4k over which i think they are going to come back down to MSRP when its all said and done. Also, since i ordered my truck, ford credit sent me a 3.9% promo financing rate which is really attractive right now w rates presumably going to raise again here shortly.

So, do i wait for my 23 ive ordered or just suck it up and buy the one locally, hopefully at MSRP but a few bucks more and probably at a higher interest rate that will be closer to 5% through my credit union?
Agree with @GCATX most of the time the fine print says Raptors aren't available with the promo. If it is, I'd wait for your ordered one.

OP
OP
kpecks

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you read the fineprint on the 3.9 promo? Everytime i see these type things it doesn't apply to Raptor.

Regarding which truck, doesn't sound like much difference. A bird in hand...
The dealership i ordered from will be less by a few $k i think when its all said and done. $500 dealer fee + TTT and thats it at MSRP as i built it and ordered before price hike. The 3.9% was sent to me after i submitted my truck order but they said its only good up to $49k?? not sure what will come of it but i will apply through them and see what happens.
Agree with @GCATX most of the time the fine print says Raptors aren't available with the promo. If it is, I'd wait for your ordered one.
I will probably just wait... seems like folks are getting trucks pretty quickly and i got my order in when the order banks opened in July.

OP
OP
kpecks

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I‘m with @GCATX & @2020FordRaptor, most fine print excludes specialty vehicles. If, and a BIG IF, the promo’s legit, why not apply it to the bird in hand? Long story short, go with the bird in hand….

"Not available on F-150 Lightning™, F-150 Tremor®, F-150 Raptor®, Super Duty®, Bronco® or Bronco Raptor SUV, Maverick®, Transit® Van, Transit Connect®, E-Transit™, Mustang Mach-E®, Mustang Shelby GT350®, Mustang GT350R, Mustang Shelby® GT500®, Mustang Mach 1® and Ford GT."

Teases, that's what they are.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right now yr speculating. Find out what the one at the dealer is best price out the door w/ financing . Tell
Him you have one on order so if its a shit deal, you walk. Simple as. Its still not a good time to buy a truck. Prices will come down a lot by next April. Adm’s will likely be gone. The difference between 1.9% apr vs 5% is like 160 a month over the entire loan fyi…

OP
OP
kpecks

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Not available on F-150 Lightning™, F-150 Tremor®, F-150 Raptor®, Super Duty®, Bronco® or Bronco Raptor SUV, Maverick®, Transit® Van, Transit Connect®, E-Transit™, Mustang Mach-E®, Mustang Shelby GT350®, Mustang GT350R, Mustang Shelby® GT500®, Mustang Mach 1® and Ford GT."

Teases, that's what they are.

Maverick? :rofl:
NOPE! Even thats out.