Wait for 19 or just buy 18 leftover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So those of you buying 18's what is your reason.

Is it the deal you found which is a really good price compared to the 19's?

Color choice?

New things on 19 that you don't want or need like new seats, shocks or color choices?

The wait time for the new 19 when you can have the 18 and be driving it now?

At this time my plans are to order a new 19 because everything I find in my area is still around MSRP on the 18's even outside my area.

Thanks

Shadrack

Reaction score
I had this dealers first 2019 allocation. But it hadn't opened up yet. I got almost 3k under sticker for this 2018 that is built how I wanted, plus they gave me 2500 more for my trade than I was expecting, so I figured I couldn't pass it up really. I also got a lifetime warranty (3rd party, but it came with the purchase).
The reason for the 2018 over the 2019 was mainly I didn't see the justification of paying nearly 10k more by the time it comes in around February/March. Color wasn't an issue for me, because I wanted Magnetic, and only Magnetic. My old truck would have racked up more miles, I would have gotten less for my trade, the price I agreed upon was @ MSRP for a 2019, and with the nearly 5% price increase it would have put the total right at 10k more. For me, the only thing the 19's had that I would have liked was the live valve shocks. But, with it being the very first year out on a production vehicle, I started second guessing how reliable/trouble free the shocks would be after thinking about the first time I bought a new design on a vehicle. Not saying they are going to have problems, but I bought a first run (Job 1) 6.4L Diesel back in 2008 and I start having nightmares again when I think about all the issues I had out of that thing. lol

Last edited:

redpatron1

Reaction score

Color choice?

New things on 19 that you don't want or need like new seats, shocks or color choices?

At this time my plans are to order a new 19 because everything I find in my area is still around MSRP on the 18's even outside my area.

Thanks

Leadfoot is my #1 color. I like the orange seats, if they were available. Both options I believe gone in 2019.

Price increase in 2019. If I can get it now, at below MSRP better. Below MSRP without having to drive 1500-2000 miles, absolute ideal.

redpatron1

Reaction score
Here is a link to it. It still shows online, but they may have not updated their website yet.
https://www.freedomfordlincoln.com/...0a0e0a17289b71c704e8fcb2.htm?searchDepth=5:13

Forgot to mention, they do have a $499 "processing" fee. Oddly enough, that's one of the lowest fee's I've been able to find. That's on any vehicle, so I knew that going into the deal.

There is another local dealer that heavily advertised "No dealer doc fee's" but they are clearly making up the difference in the price of their vehicles, and on the trade values. They haven't been able to get close to other dealers, and for me its always been cheaper to take the processing fee and get a better deal at the end of the day.

those docs fee on the east coast and south are outrageous. I never knew how much dealers charge until i scoured the country looking for a raptor. Thank goodness some of the states put caps on them.

mfa81

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Color choice?

Thanks

same as others mentioned, I won't pay msrp for a 2018 at this point, needs to be a few $Ks below sticker (2K, 3K, 4K... realistic don't expect to find anything better than ~2K below sticker if I'm lucky), that and the fact I can drive it now today + not risking my trade in depreciating even more.

really the only thing I'd be interested in the 2019 are the live valve shocks, but really not a deal breaker for me specially giving that it's going to be a daily driver and I don't think it's that important for my Starbucks endeavors... if I had to pay msrp than I will just wait and see what happens with the 2019 prices in a few months. Color not much of a problem lighting blue (performance blue doesn't really matter for me), ruby red and lead foot which is gone but is my 3rd option.

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and I agree and understand. Mine will be a daily driver also and spend 95% of it's time on road. So while the new shocks could be nice not sure it's a deal breaker. Plus like someone else said first year for them and I broke my normal rule never buy new on my current truck and it's had it's fair share of problems. So I can see where the shocks might have some issues. Right now the one dealer I worked with has a built 18 coming in and it has some options I don't want on it and price is $73,695. If I build a 19 with what I want and only what I want price is $74,125. So at this point unless I can find a really good deal on an 18 I'll probably just order a 19. I like both the new blues but will probably just go with my normal white which I think Raptor looks good in. Yeah depreciation of trade now that friend isn't buying truck and also the wait time is a negative. Thanks for replies was just curious. Yeah right now an 18 would have to be under MSRP for sure.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know the details for the 19's when I got my 18 in June. Now that I know, I'm glad I got the 18 because of the orange accent seats and sun roof. I don't really like the shade of blue on the 19 seats and I don't like carbon fiber at all, so those 2 things are a deal breaker on the 19. The only thing I see so far that I'd like on the 19 is the Raptor logo on the steering wheel.

Scrprigger

Reaction score
If you can get an 18 for below MSRP then I’d say definitely do it. I had to fight 6hrs to get mine at MSRP. The dealer wanted “market price” of 5K over sticker. I told them that wasn’t happening on an out going model. They finally relented and sold it for sticker. Around here if you can get one for sticker then you did good. The 19’s will most definitely be marked up over sticker due to the new suspension system.

mfa81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can get an 18 for below MSRP then I’d say definitely do it. I had to fight 6hrs to get mine at MSRP. The dealer wanted “market price” of 5K over sticker. I told them that wasn’t happening on an out going model. They finally relented and sold it for sticker. Around here if you can get one for sticker then you did good. The 19’s will most definitely be marked up over sticker due to the new suspension system.

where was that?

dealers like to pretend they are doing you a favor when the offer itvto you at msrp!

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where was that?

dealers like to pretend they are doing you a favor when the offer itvto you at msrp!

I agree with that about doing you a favor selling it at MSRP. I've never paid that for a vehicle but I guess I will if I do the 19. I have found a few dealers doing under MSRP on 18s but none of the trucks are the color I want and the ones that are have the orange accented seats which IMO only works on certain color Raptors.

A major concern of mine is the new shocks on the 19 and how well they will hold up to my area where they use ice pretreat at any hint of snow/ice. It's just hard to keep shocks looking good. Plus not sure if it will affect the shock itself.